Rotary Cutter Hoping for some help with Sidewinder Brush hog

/ Hoping for some help with Sidewinder Brush hog #1  

J.Wal

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota Grand L3130
I have found a 6’ Sidewinder Brush hog for sale locally for $800. It is said to be in working order, no issues. I love the design. Simple yet effective. I have read great reviews of it eating anything the tractor can go over.... but from people pulling 7’ ones behind 70HP tractors. It’s said to be very heavy and well made.

I have a Kubota 3130 ( 30HP, 25HP at PTO) my concern is will my tractor be able to use the 6’ brush hog of this design and not be too much for the tractor.

I had planned on buying a new EA Brush hog this spring but if the Sidewinder will work, may be worth saving a little. No slip clutch/ Shearwater bolt, no gear box... hit something and the tire keeps going and he plate below stops. No gears or anything get damaged or risk damage.

Thoughts? Anyone have this and got feedback? IMG_0785.JPG

/ Hoping for some help with Sidewinder Brush hog #2  
]I wouldn't recommend it. I have the same size tractor, and run a 5' Land Pride 2060 (I think that's the model number). It's the heavy-duty model, and it looks light compared to the behemoth you have pictured. I think any savings will be paid for by the wear on your tractor. Just my opinion...but, you asked.

/ Hoping for some help with Sidewinder Brush hog
]I wouldn't recommend it. I have the same size tractor, and run a 5' Land Pride 2060 (I think that's the model number). It's the heavy-duty model, and it looks light compared to the behemoth you have pictured. I think any savings will be paid for by the wear on your tractor. Just my opinion...but, you asked.

100% want honest opinions! No harm there!

Worst case I pass it over and buy a brand new EA Brush hog this spring. $500 or so more, but want what my tractor can handle.

Did find this but website is no good. IMG_0789.JPG

/ Hoping for some help with Sidewinder Brush hog #5  
When I bought my tractor I was amazed at what all it could do...and I pushed the limits many times I shouldn't have. Now it has near 2000 hours on it and I'm a lot more careful. Not in a hurry to pick up another tractor payment, and all the new ones have way to much in the way of emissions, electronics, etc.

When I bought my tractor I was amazed at what all it could do...and I pushed the limits many times I shouldn't have. Now it has near 2000 hours on it and I'm a lot more careful. Not in a hurry to pick up another tractor payment, and all the new ones have way to much in the way of emissions, electronics, etc.

Good points!

/ Hoping for some help with Sidewinder Brush hog #7  
I have 2 of these. They are beasts. Very heavy beasts. It does look like it is a bit more than your tractor can handle. Do you have the link to the site for it?

I have 2 of these. They are beasts. Very heavy beasts. It does look like it is a bit more than your tractor can handle. Do you have the link to the site for it?

It’s on FB.

Lady posted it as “ 6’ Sidewinder Bush hog”. That’s the only photo and info.

/ Hoping for some help with Sidewinder Brush hog #9  
Millington tn???navy sent me there for schooling years ago. I'd have to contend the the Bush hog will require more hp than your tractor has. If you're have an orschelns or tsc in you area, you can get a new 5 ft in the spring. Just my thoughts.

/ Hoping for some help with Sidewinder Brush hog #10  
That is too heavy and too wide for your machine IMO.