Work boots

/ Work boots #81  
I followed up on this and stopped by a Redwing store to try on boots. I tried several of the better Redwing slip on styles, but I'm not sure how they are supposed to feel. The foot area felt tight and uncomfortable, but they still slipped on the heal. I thought some slipping should be expected and asked for a larger size but the sales person said I should have no slipping at all, and that the tighter forefoot area was needed to hold the boot tight on my foot. They wanted me to try on a smaller size but there was no way I could get my foot into anything smaller. None of that seemed right since they felt very uncomfortable, so I left. How are these slip on boots supposed to fit/feel? Maybe my foot isn't shaped right for them.

Sorry to hear you couldn’t get fitted. There are some boots that just don’t fit me either. The 1178 is a perfect fit for my foot. They do take some break in time.

/ Work boots #82  
Sorry to hear you couldn’t get fitted. There are some boots that just don’t fit me either. The 1178 is a perfect fit for my foot. They do take some break in time.
Does your heal slip in yours?

/ Work boots #83  
I just purchased a pair of Redwing 3561 red wing 3561 - Google Search and so far so good.

Did they scan your feet? They gave me measurements for everything. I wouldn't wear any shoe that has a slipping heel.
You might try some inserts like Dr. Scholls, Redwing quoted me something like $65.00 for their orthotics. I'm flat footed and a bit narrow so many times I use those gel inserts.

/ Work boots #84  
I've had a pair of Read Wing 414 for years, and also have a pair of 400. I like them both but the slip on styles intrigued me. I guess I'll stick with laced boots.

/ Work boots #85  
I've had a pair of Read Wing 414 for years, and also have a pair of 400. I like them both but the slip on styles intrigued me. I guess I'll stick with laced boots.

When I first got my Red Wings they fit pretty snug. Promptly went out in pasture and worked every day for a week in mesquite. They did have a little slip in the heel. By weeks end they rubbed blisters on my ankles and heels. They were tough boots but I was disappointed cuz my feet hurt. Googled about that fact online and found the tip about soaking them then wearing them. So I put the grocery bags over my socks, put boots on, then stood in a horses water bucket for a couple minutes. Wore em the rest of the day and they dried to fit my feet. Pretty comfortable now and no more blisters.

/ Work boots #86  
Does your heal slip in yours?

Not any more than any other boot. The 1178’s conform to my feet very well. I do have one pair that is a little small so it’s taking longer than normal to break them in. Besides I have two other pair at home that are already broken in. One is probably 20 years old and is strictly rough duty. The other is about 10 years old and can still pass for casual to dress casual wear. The 30 year old pair is at the Farm and is what I regularly wear there.

/ Work boots #87  
When I first got my Red Wings they fit pretty snug. Promptly went out in pasture and worked every day for a week in mesquite. They did have a little slip in the heel. By weeks end they rubbed blisters on my ankles and heels. They were tough boots but I was disappointed cuz my feet hurt. Googled about that fact online and found the tip about soaking them then wearing them. So I put the grocery bags over my socks, put boots on, then stood in a horses water bucket for a couple minutes. Wore em the rest of the day and they dried to fit my feet. Pretty comfortable now and no more blisters.

I have never got blisters from my 1178’s.

I never stood in a bucket of water but did walk through some water and a lot of wet weeds, grass, etc.

My feet are picky. The only boots I like to wear are the RedWing 1178’s and most Lucchese for dress boots but they have some pretty good work boots too.

/ Work boots #88  
My grandpa loves him a pair of red wings, he's a private contractor and his last pair he recalls being 23years old, the tongue and lace holes were all but worn out, if you get a new pair there you get a cleaning every month. My grandpa calls it getting his hides cleaned lol

/ Work boots #89  
The most comfortable pair of work boots I have even owned are my Chippewa insulated with Vibram sole and Water rated.

I wear them each Spring doing clean up work around the property... hours at a time on hillsides with a weed whacker.

Yesterday, I was on the steep part of the hill and stumbled... didn't realize the Vibram sole had separated... the other shoe is nearly similar.

Called Chippewa and learned they discontinued the program where they would repair for a nominal fee.

Guess it is to the trash with these...

Never ever have I had a Vibram sole separate or any other sole for that matter.

Attachments

• Chippewa Vibram Sole.JPG
    Chippewa Vibram Sole.JPG
    52.3 KB · Views: 94