What did you do to or on your Mahindra today?

/ What did you do to or on your Mahindra today? #171  
Popped another hose. 3 in 106 hours. This one was on the curl cylinder for the backhoe, the other two have been on the FEL.

I think I'm going to sell it.

Is it possible that the hydraulic system pressure is too high? I'm pretty sure that Mahindra (or whoever makes the MAX) uses industry standard hoses and fittings and hose assembly equipment. The odds of having three hoses pop in such a short amount of time makes me think something is causing that. Have you asked the dealer about it?

/ What did you do to or on your Mahindra today? #172  
Maybe they had a bad batch of hoses

/ What did you do to or on your Mahindra today? #173  
Not sure about the Max, but the loader is made by KWM and the backhoe is made by Bradco on the larger units. Both are US companies and use high grade US made hoses. The green tractors actually use a lot of the same loaders and hoes.

I moved some stuff around the barn and toted a bucket full of gravel around to fill some low spots in the driveway from winter. Today it was just a (diesel powered) hand-dolly and wheelbarrow. With weather like today, it will soon be a tractor again!

Made a good excuse to check the fluids and let it run a while.

/ What did you do to or on your Mahindra today? #174  
Not sure about the Max, but the loader is made by KWM and the backhoe is made by Bradco on the larger units. Both are US companies and use high grade US made hoses. The green tractors actually use a lot of the same loaders and hoes.

I moved some stuff around the barn and toted a bucket full of gravel around to fill some low spots in the driveway from winter. Today it was just a (diesel powered) hand-dolly and wheelbarrow. With weather like today, it will soon be a tractor again!

Thanks for the good info Sysop. With my 2540, I assume both the tractor and loader came from TYM. I've heard about some Mahindra loaders having a "made in USA" sticker, but mine does not. Is there a chance that my loader came from Korea, like the tractor did?

/ What did you do to or on your Mahindra today? #175  
Indeed that one is entirely TYM.

/ What did you do to or on your Mahindra today? #176  
Is it possible that the hydraulic system pressure is too high? I'm pretty sure that Mahindra (or whoever makes the MAX) uses industry standard hoses and fittings and hose assembly equipment. The odds of having three hoses pop in such a short amount of time makes me think something is causing that. Have you asked the dealer about it?

I have a separate thread with more details regarding the failures. Given the relative 'weakness' of the tractor compared with my previous max 28, I wouldn't think the pressure was too high, but based on some other things that I've noticed lately, it's going in to get checked out once I replace the busted hose.

/ What did you do to or on your Mahindra today? #177  
My brother in law has one of the smaller Kubotas. After having the dealer replace the same line twice in the first month of owning it, the third time he had NAPA make a hose and it's not been a problem since. Other hoses have failed since, which he has replaced with NAPA hoses. He hasn't had to replace any of the hoses NAPA has made. After 4 years of owning it, I don't think it has a factory hose remaining.

I don't think it is an issue worth taking a loss on replacing a new(ish) machine. It is something all manufacturers come across now and again. Just replace them as they fail with good components assembled by experienced folk.

If hoses are the worst thing your machine breaks, you're doing great compared to those that bend their loaders and break steering knuckles off their new machines.

/ What did you do to or on your Mahindra today? #178  
If three hoses were the only problems I've had with it, I probably wouldn't take the time to gripe about it (much. maybe after the third). Frustrating to deal with (esp on the weekends when you're trying to get work done) but certainly not the end of the world. I have a growing list of issues with this particular unit, this happens to be the latest episode.

/ What did you do to or on your Mahindra today? #179  
moved chips to vineyard and also my storage area in the back of proeprty - too wet to do anymore as has been the case the last couple of months. about 20 ton or so of chips moved so far.

/ What did you do to or on your Mahindra today? #180  
Filled my tires. I though it would be easier to buy a drum of Rim guard and fill them myself than haul my tractor to the dealer. It was super easy, definitely less grief than transporting the tractor. I just pressurized the drum with compressed air to push the fluid. The only problem is I needed ~ 60 gallons to fill the tires and my drum was only 55. I pumped roughly half the drum into the right tire and then pumped the rest into the left. I wasn't sure how to tell how full I got them, but then I thought to bust out my FLIR. The FLIR gave me the x-ray vision I was looking for. The Liquid is slightly colder than the air and it shows on the camera.

FLIR0088.jpgFLIR0089.jpgFLIR0090.jpgFLIR0091.jpg