MUST READ! Mahindra CRD Full Diagnostic Manual with Check Engine Codes

/ MUST READ! Mahindra CRD Full Diagnostic Manual with Check Engine Codes #1  

MatHaas

Silver Member
Tractor
2016 Mahindra 3550 PST
I just stumbled across this link to a 361 page pdf for the Mahindra CRD Diagnostic Manual (Arjun Novo, Mahindra sub company)
http://kisandost.com/KisanMitraWeb/MarketBulletinView?moduleType=SubjectPartFile&FileName=203

I've only quickly browsed it but this appears to the mother of all Jackpots for Mahindra Owners.

Page 68 of the PDF starts the Diagnostic Code Manual
And will list all diagnostic codes.
The PDF is interactive, so you can click a topic and it will take you to that page, you can search, etc.
It tells you how to trouble shoot the error, what the causes are, etc.

Everyone should save this to their desktop immediately to have a hard copy.
It may not be your specific tractor, but i'm sure these codes are relatively universal.

Moderator should probably make this a sticky too if that's possible here.

Seriously this is what every single person has every asked for that has come here with problems.

I simply Googled what Jabonee reported in my thread for my check engine light "P1804 RAIL PRESSURE LIMITER OPEN" and this was the 4th link down with a full successful match.

I'm in shock....
This is legitimately a factory service technician manual with every single step...

-Haas

***edit with addition:if anyone is unfamiliar; you can look up almost all of the mechanical diagrams for your Mahindra tractor & attachments on the Mahindra USA site under the Parts Catalog. Those diagrams, along with this manual should allow you to cover a large majority of what's going on in your tractor (if it's similar to the larger tractors like the one listed in this manual)
here's the link to the mahindra site parts catalog
Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Last edited:
   / MUST READ! Mahindra CRD Full Diagnostic Manual with Check Engine Codes #2  
Wow! That is quite a book. I hope it has stuff on my 4540.

Thank you.

/ MUST READ! Mahindra CRD Full Diagnostic Manual with Check Engine Codes
Wow! That is quite a book. I hope it has stuff on my 4540.

Thank you.

You bet. I think all of these tractors have similar designs. So the electrical may not be 100% accurate but it'll be >90% similar. Plus all of those Check Engine Codes with thorough description of the full troubleshooting method step by step!

All anyone needs is a basic OBD2 reader to pull the code and you can go from there with a good idea of where the problem is.
And everything that seems to come up on these tractors is usually a stupid poor electric connection or faulty sensory.
So you buy a multimeter, run a test on the wiring circuit, then test the sensor, and you hopefully figure out the problem.

I hate feeling helpless. and this is the first time i've owned a tractor, but do all of my own work mechanically from basic to the most advanced.
This now gives me so much information to learn about the system, so I don't have to rely on a dealer or some kid that became a tech to solve my problems.
When they literally usually have limited education and just read a manual like this themselves.
I trust nobody; i've just seen it way too many times from shops, mechanics, technicians etc.
So now we have this information at our disposal, so you have an idea of what you're dealing with first, before someone just tell you they're doing some other random thing.

haha, sorry i'm a little too hyped about finding this still.
Enjoy!

/ MUST READ! Mahindra CRD Full Diagnostic Manual with Check Engine Codes #4  
And they say most of our time on the internet is used for surfing......well you know what I'm talking about! Good find here! Thx

BTW- who's search engine did you use?

/ MUST READ! Mahindra CRD Full Diagnostic Manual with Check Engine Codes #5  
That's some good stuff! Thanks for sharing!

/ MUST READ! Mahindra CRD Full Diagnostic Manual with Check Engine Codes #6  
Good Stuff .... THANKS ... !!!!!!! :)

/ MUST READ! Mahindra CRD Full Diagnostic Manual with Check Engine Codes #7  
Thanks that is great info. You've done good! If only Mahindra would put this kinda stuff on their otherwise useless website. Thanks again.

And they say most of our time on the internet is used for surfing......well you know what I'm talking about! Good find here! Thx

BTW- who's search engine did you use?

Haha exactly!
I used Google; typed "P1804 RAIL PRESSURE LIMITER OPEN"; it was the 4th hit down and showed full successful match

Thanks that is great info. You've done good! If only Mahindra would put this kinda stuff on their otherwise useless website. Thanks again.

LOL For real though..
The parts catalog on there now has everything you need for mechanical diagrams.
I supposed I could kind of understand them to charge for this manual, since it's legit their technician manual, but it'd be nice to have more resources.

i honestly don't think the dealers and technicians even have this information or a manual of this magnitude, from how they seem to respond.

Seems like they do it right in other countries. You should go to that Arjun Novo site (you can select English so it's all readable. They have a tech link, for these apps they have for their mahindra tractors which appears to link all of the engine diagnostics to an app, shows you engine hours, pto hours, etc. it's crazy.

North America needs to step their game up!

Last edited: