MUST READ! Mahindra CRD Full Diagnostic Manual with Check Engine Codes

/ MUST READ! Mahindra CRD Full Diagnostic Manual with Check Engine Codes
EDIT***
in reference to my tractor issue and the code P1804 I got off my Craftsman OBD2 reader which was for Rail Pressure Limiting Valve open; this code did not match the results when the dealer hooked up the Garuda software. The dealer picked up P0340 Camshaft No Signal, which did appropriate match the symptom description in the manual

Make note, my OBD2 reader said code P1804 Rail Pressure Limiting Valve Open, which did NOT appear on the Garuda factory software. So maybe generic OBD2 readers can't be trusted and you'll have to have a dealer tech plug it in for you unfortunately.

/ MUST READ! Mahindra CRD Full Diagnostic Manual with Check Engine Codes #13  
EDIT***
in reference to my tractor issue and the code P1804 I got off my Craftsman OBD2 reader which was for Rail Pressure Limiting Valve open; this code did not match the results when the dealer hooked up the Garuda software. The dealer picked up P0340 Camshaft No Signal, which did appropriate match the symptom description in the manual

Make note, my OBD2 reader said code P1804 Rail Pressure Limiting Valve Open, which did NOT appear on the Garuda factory software. So maybe generic OBD2 readers can't be trusted and you'll have to have a dealer tech plug it in for you unfortunately.

I wonder if it's a CAN bus vs OBDII kinda thing. One of my scan tools does both.

I wonder if it's a CAN bus vs OBDII kinda thing. One of my scan tools does both.

Good question. never even heard of CAN bus until you mentioned it, haha. Then learned some on Google. I'll have to look in to it. There is some info out there on the Garuda software, so i'll do some digging one night.

per mahindra manual:

"Garuda is an advanced and high performance SAE J2534 based Vehicle
Comunication Interface (VCI) supporting CAN and KWP communications. We
Thank you for selecting Garuda VCI for your Vehicle Communction Interface
needs.
We would like to mention here the possible Garuda VCI usages:
• Vehicle Diagnostics
• ECU Reprograming
• ECU Calibration
• Custom applications using Passthru APIs based on SAE J2534

Vehicle Networks Supported
• CAN (supporting both 11 and 29 bit identifiers)
• ISO 15765
• ISO 14230 (KWP2000) "

it would be interesting to see if we can track down a scanner capable of reading this accurately.

/ MUST READ! Mahindra CRD Full Diagnostic Manual with Check Engine Codes #16  
Does anyone have this downloaded that they could share with me. The link does not work anymore. My dealer has closed! I have an emax 25 ......light flashing I believe 3 times....loses power on non flat land...also idle goes up and down when sitting sometimes

/ MUST READ! Mahindra CRD Full Diagnostic Manual with Check Engine Codes #17  
Try a scanner with the J1939 protocol. That is for "Heavy-Duty" /off road vehicles.

PM me your email; pretty sure I have a copy saved on my desktop at home. Like I mentioned previously though; a generic OBD2 code reader gives erroneous read outs. I never tried a BUS CAN system. The technical troubleshooting section is invaluable though and you can diagnose almost everything yourself.

-Haas

/ MUST READ! Mahindra CRD Full Diagnostic Manual with Check Engine Codes #20  
I am sure someone realized it was out there for the world to see and closed the loop!!! If you go backwards, I believe it is a dealer site!