Can my M7060 pull this disc sufficiently?

/ Can my M7060 pull this disc sufficiently? #21  
I believe that the owner is concerned for fire reasons, this is not being prepped for any planting at all.

I would say that a double disking will suffice for his needs.

Just my take on what has been said and his actual location. ;)

/ Can my M7060 pull this disc sufficiently? #22  
Morning;

Going back to the third picture in your original post,
is that chain run thru a U shaped piece of flat iron with 2 holes in it one on each side of the U, top and bottom?
If so that you will go over your drawbar a draw pin will go thru the holes, thru the top hole then the your draw bar then the bottom hole,
and you are set to go.

/ Can my M7060 pull this disc sufficiently?
Morning;

Going back to the third picture in your original post,
is that chain run thru a U shaped piece of flat iron with 2 holes in it one on each side of the U, top and bottom?
If so that you will go over your drawbar a draw pin will go thru the holes, thru the top hole then the your draw bar then the bottom hole,
and you are set to go.

Oh you mean like a hammer strap?

Both are flat, if you remove that chain, it's a flat piece of steel with a hole, same for my drawbar.

/ Can my M7060 pull this disc sufficiently? #24  
OK it's not a U shaped piece, then the easiest would be a short chain and clevis.

/ Can my M7060 pull this disc sufficiently? #25  
Oh you mean like a hammer strap?

Both are flat, if you remove that chain, it's a flat piece of steel with a hole, same for my drawbar.

Then your drawbar needs a "hammer strap" added.

Yes a twisted clevis would suffice if it will go thru the hole in the disc hitch.....

/ Can my M7060 pull this disc sufficiently?
I believe that the owner is concerned for fire reasons, this is not being prepped for any planting at all.
I would say that a double disking will suffice for his needs.
Just my take on what has been said and his actual location. ;)
Yes you are exactly right. Not planting this time, it is for fire reasons. :)
Then your drawbar needs a "hammer strap" added.
Yes a twisted clevis would suffice if it will go thru the hole in the disc hitch.....
I went to the dealer today and got the correct hammer strap because I know I will need it more than this one time.
Now should I remove these 2 pins to allow the draw bar to swing?

IMG_2807.jpg

/ Can my M7060 pull this disc sufficiently? #27  
Removing the drawbar pins is, as you might guess, for making tight turns. This is usually in row-crop applications when going to the end of the row, reversing and coming back in the strip next to you is more efficient. I don't think you're in that position and don't think you'll be making any tight turns so I would leave pins in. If this disking works, you'll be making long, sweeping turns.

/ Can my M7060 pull this disc sufficiently? #28  
Sure. Your 70 hp tractor will handle that ancient 7-ft tandem disc (4 axles in an "X" configuration) with no problem.
I plow my 7 acre hayfield with a 7-ft offset disc (2 axles in a "V" configuration) using my 55 hp Mahindra 5525. To get that disc to work anywhere near decent, I needed to add nearly 500 lb of weight (four 120 lb concrete weights).

Offset disc,drag-1.JPG

BTW offset discs are primary tillage implements used to plow native (unplowed) ground. Tandem discs are secondary tillage implements used on already plowed ground to break up the clods and smooth the field. That disc of yours is a lightweight implement with an angle iron frame. Heavyweight discs are built using square tube frame with 1/4" wall thickness.

Good luck

/ Can my M7060 pull this disc sufficiently? #29  
Looking at a picture of the disk:

If you can get enough weight on the disk so it can cut & turn the Sod you will probably pull the disk apart!

/ Can my M7060 pull this disc sufficiently? #30  
Yes you are exactly right. Not planting this time, it is for fire reasons. :)

I went to the dealer today and got the correct hammer strap because I know I will need it more than this one time.
Now should I remove these 2 pins to allow the draw bar to swing?

IMG_2807.jpg

You also want to move the stabilizer pins to the slotted areas in the adjustable stabilizer arm when using a harrow.