using your tractor to pull a tree over

/ using your tractor to pull a tree over #41  
I didn't watch the video (didn't want to use satellite metered download)

I can imagine what it was.

If you have to get the stump out.....I did it this way...dig on three sides....and push

This what works for me most of the time. If room permits I make the three digs to cut the roots then use the FEL end to push over and move out of the way until I pile them, etc.

The guy with the pulley system may have been just messing and gommin around as my father would say. :)

/ using your tractor to pull a tree over #42  
This what works for me most of the time. If room permits I make the three digs to cut the roots then use the FEL end to push over and move out of the way until I pile them, etc.

The guy with the pulley system may have been just messing and gommin around as my father would say. :)

It’s amazing how me and a couple of buddies can find the least efficient way to do something almost always incorporating a piece of equipment. This is a prime example.

/ using your tractor to pull a tree over #43  
A farmer near where I grew up would use dynamite to take care of beavers. He's also the reason why you can't buy it at the local hardware store anymore. Nothing funner to a 8 year old than beavers flying like a frisbee. Of course 7 sticks was just the right amount for a beaver hut in his eyes.

I usually just cut trees low and dig them out with the backhoe. Lifting it out a few times and dropping it back into the hole helps get the dirt and rocks off of it. Then I just use the loader to put it in a ravine I want to fill in that's out of the way of the house. Sometimes I'll just use the backhoe to push them over.

/ using your tractor to pull a tree over #44  
Some impressive thought went into taking the tree down that way. I personally wouldnt do it that way but it came down safely without ruining anything.

/ using your tractor to pull a tree over #45  
Some impressive thought went into taking the tree down that way. I personally wouldnt do it that way but it came down safely without ruining anything.

Success is often measured by the absence of collateral damage or liability.

TBS

/ using your tractor to pull a tree over #47  
   / using your tractor to pull a tree over #48  
I remember my Grand dad blowing a stump; I believe he used half a stick of dynamite. He was maybe 100 yards or less from the house where I was standing and watching; the stump went at least a couple hundred feet in the air, spiraling end-over-end, and landed smack on top of the house with a VERY loud "whump". My suspicion is that he had to replace a few shingles at least.

Unless it was a tiny stump, he used more than half a stick! The stuff isn't that powerful.

/ using your tractor to pull a tree over #49  
We just take the Bobcat and push it about eight foot high from a couple directions, get it partway down, push it in a circle to snap roots, and push the root ball until the remaining roots give way. Between the tires and removing the actual tree, the toughest ones leave a circle of destruction about thirty feet across.

He might be on to something. Plus, he wears the nifty hard hat.