$!#& Chain Hooks

/ $!#& Chain Hooks
Something quicker, stronger than using mousing wire is to find the right size shackle for the hook. Leave it on the chain.

Everything is correct size and purpose of this thread is to find solutions on use and not necessarily go out and buy all new hardware when what I have "almost works"...

Dale

/ $!#& Chain Hooks #42  
I'm sorry I wasn't clear. A shackle, of the right size for the grab hook, will be able to go where the mouse wire would.

So the only addition would be a shackle.

Electric tape, baler twine, wire are usually simple enough for when gravity can't be trusted.

Dale please try not to hurt yourself or someone else.

/ $!#& Chain Hooks #43  
I'm sorry I wasn't clear. A shackle, of the right size for the grab hook, will be able to go where the mouse wire would.

So the only addition would be a shackle.

Electric tape, baler twine, wire are usually simple enough for when gravity can't be trusted.

Dale please try not to hurt yourself or someone else.

FarmWrench, could you post a link to, or pic of, the type of shackle you mean?

/ $!#& Chain Hooks #44  
Same, have them on most all my chains. Ken's Bolt on Grab Hooks <<Accessories>> is a site sponsor I believe. Those clips can be a pain at times to latch or inlatch, but better than than things falling off.

Thanks for the mention, yes we have four different style of Twist-Lock grab and slip hooks in stock, plus many other handy accessories.

5-16 TL.JPG

516 SLPHOOK.JPG

TwistLock GIF.gif

/ $!#& Chain Hooks #45  
All my experiences with latching hooks have been the latch assembly gets bent up and become worthless and latch assembly has to be removed or constantly repaired... Your experiences may be different...

Dale

That absolutely WILL NOT happen with the Twist-Lock grab and slip hooks we sell.

/ $!#& Chain Hooks #46  
   / $!#& Chain Hooks #47  
That absolutely WILL NOT happen with the Twist-Lock grab and slip hooks we sell.
Have to disagree slightly. I managed to mangle 1 if my slip hooks. It was rubbing on either my brush guard or another hook when tightened down a while back. If I recall I had to undo the bolt to get it off. I still use it although the latch doesnt latch. Probably will get around to unbending it and maybe rewarding the one side here one of these days. Still way more sturdy than the flimsy ones.

Have around 4 slip & 4 grabber hooks of various sizes. A bit of a pain to operate, but no worse than the flimsy ones & better than them falling off with no retaining mechinism. I'd get more, but they seem to be sturdy & not likely to need replacement.20180818_180426.jpeg20180818_180401.jpeg20180818_180358.jpeg

/ $!#& Chain Hooks #48  
Have to disagree slightly. I managed to mangle 1 if my slip hooks. It was rubbing on either my brush guard or another hook when tightened down a while back. If I recall I had to undo the bolt to get it off. I still use it although the latch doesnt latch. Probably will get around to unbending it and maybe rewarding the one side here one of these days. Still way more sturdy than the flimsy ones.

Have around 4 slip & 4 grabber hooks of various sizes. A bit of a pain to operate, but no worse than the flimsy ones & better than them falling off with no retaining mechinism. I'd get more, but they seem to be sturdy & not likely to need replacement.

You broke Tonka toys as a kid right? :laughing:

That's the first one I've ever seen bent like that!

/ $!#& Chain Hooks #49  
You broke Tonka toys as a kid right? :laughing:

That's the first one I've ever seen bent like that!
Ya, it's pretty stout. Ratchet binders can apply a pretty hefty load & getting pulled sideways on just the latch is targeting the weak spot. I'm actually usually pretty easy on mechanical things & always have been. :p