Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #81,213  
Just finished playing out in the garage with the lathe and mill. IMG_0405.JPG Already have a powder trickler but it was fun to make. Ed

/ Good morning!!!! #81,214  
Well, it痴 raining. Pretty much dashes any hope of mowing / bushhogging today

I got up this morning, before daylight, to find it was only 74 degrees with a 60% chance of rain forecast, and the yard needed mowing, but not really bad, so I walked outside and back in 3 times trying to decide whether to mow or wait for another day. It didn't look much like rain to me on either the sky or the NWS radar. But I finally decided to go ahead and start mowing to see if I could encourage it to rain. Twice while I was mowing, I felt a little mist in the air. But I got the mowing done, got a shower, and my wife and I went to the grocery store. It was raining when I came out of the store, very light, but raining. And we're still getting a very light rain, but I can see that my rain gauge has reached the half inch mark at least. I'd say I got lucky, and made the right decision to mow this morning.:)

/ Good morning!!!! #81,215  
Ed how does the rod pick up the grains? The rod is hollow right? Did it have to go on the lath 5 times for the cuts/mills/shaping or what do you call each stage of the milling?

1. outside 2. inside 3. funnel. 4.rod inside 5.rod outside.

Can you tell I haven't a clue about a lathe.

/ Good morning!!!! #81,216  
five hours of mowing, two doing the fields, started off doing the easy part, then got into
the overgrown collard field of the now abandoned farm next to me.
What a mess that was, Massey worked hard with a BH15 bush hog behind me, but got it done.
8 trillion bugs jumped on my bare legs. Eeesh. Lot of flailing around, not so good for straight rows...:rolleyes: but no one was keeping
score here.

Attachments

• IMG_0009.JPG
    IMG_0009.JPG
    6.3 MB · Views: 70
  • IMG_0010.JPG
    IMG_0010.JPG
    7 MB · Views: 66
   / Good morning!!!! #81,218  
five hours of mowing, two doing the fields, started off doing the easy part, then got into
the overgrown collard field of the now abandoned farm next to me.
What a mess that was, Massey worked hard with a BH15 bush hog behind me, but got it done.
8 trillion bugs jumped on my bare legs. Eeesh. Lot of flailing around, not so good for straight rows...:rolleyes: but no one was keeping
score here.

Well Drew that 2nd pic looks a lot like my overgrown area just much more even. I know where some of my slopes used to be until the farmer reconfigured. Of course he didn’t level out well after last harvest so a rough ride in places.

/ Good morning!!!! #81,219  
Ed how does the rod pick up the grains? The rod is hollow right? Did it have to go on the lath 5 times for the cuts/mills/shaping or what do you call each stage of the milling?

1. outside 2. inside 3. funnel. 4.rod inside 5.rod outside.

Can you tell I haven't a clue about a lathe.

David, it is used to trickle the last few grains of gun powder into the scale when reloading spent brass cases.

Don Chucked the main body in the lathe and turned the base down to size and then used the compound to turn the outside of the funnel. Cut it off at the top of the funnel with the band saw. Made some soft pads for the chuck jaws out of come copper pipe and turned it around and put the base in the chuck and squared the top of the funnel. Drilled a small hole in the funnel and stepped it up until I had a 3/4" hole in the funnel. Turned the remainder of the inside of the funnel and sanded it while turning it on the lathe. Chucked an aluminum arrow in the lathe and sanded the camo off and down to size to fit the hole I drilled across the body of the trickler. Then took the 3 jaw chuck off and put on the 4 jaw so I could center a square piece of alu i had and turned it down for the stops on each side of the body and the knob. Put it all together and drilled a 1/4 in hole in the tube with a end mill. Glued it together. Little more than that but that is most of it. Ed

/ Good morning!!!! #81,220  
91F now :( few clouds here and there calling quick nasty t-storm soon.

Started Kubota letting it to warm up do some fel work all of sudden to 2 mice ran across the hood...not a good sign,shut the tractor off open the hood right in front grill where the battery sets mouse nest almost size of shoe box :eek: good cleaning spray the area well w/WD40,hadn't use the tractor about week and it didn't take long for those buggers to build...better check before use might cost $$$'s.

Well time to fire up the grill make some hamburger mix w/sausage onions peppers sweet corn on the cob.:licking:

Enjoy the evening all.