Sears Economy

/ Sears Economy #21  
There were always Simpsons, later Simpson Sears and then became just SEARS, delivery vans along with the T. Eaton Company cruising our neighborhood. You would pick up the dial telephone with a 7 digit call, talk directly to an operator. Those were better days if you ask me. Customer service was REAL. Not something you were assured of with a recording while on hold. You didn't have an electronic LEASH either. You walked out of the house, and were all alone with your thoughts.

/ Sears Economy #22  
Yes, they did. The first motorcycle I ever rode on was an Allstate from Sears Roebuck in Ardmore, OK, in the early '50s.

My brother bought a Benelli through Montgomery Wards in the 1960's. Sears had a lot of good stuff!

/ Sears Economy #23  
I'm old enough to remember when folks bought baby chicks and even honey bees through the mail. I think those came from Sears, too.

I was told they sold Lady Bugs... strangest thing I every heard for sale by mail.

/ Sears Economy #24  
Interesting videos...thanks for sharing.

/ Sears Economy #27  
Sears closed down last year at the local Mall in Tyler, and a few weeks ago they started tearing down the building. Nobody knows what is going to be there next, that's a big secret, but the local news is saying that the new building will be for a company that is already committed to being there. Driving by where Sears used to be, there is just a fence around the rubble.

/ Sears Economy #28  
Sears had a big place in the mall in Denton that closed, and it's still closed, supposedly because Sears OWNED their part of the mall so they're are waiting for the bankruptcy court to let it go. The mall management says they already have tenants waiting to take over that space.

/ Sears Economy
Sears had a big place in the mall in Denton that closed, and it's still closed, supposedly because Sears OWNED their part of the mall so they're are waiting for the bankruptcy court to let it go. The mall management says they already have tenants waiting to take over that space.

We talked about using the Sears part of the mall parking lot for an autocross. The mall managed to get it stopped even though Sears owned that part of the mall including the lot.

/ Sears Economy #30  
We talked about using the Sears part of the mall parking lot for an autocross. The mall managed to get it stopped even though Sears owned that part of the mall including the lot.

I'm so old that I can remember the Texas Blue Laws when the only "mall" in Dallas was all closed up on Sundays and the Dallas Sports Car Club and the Dallas Corvette Club used the parking lot for a variety of races on Sundays.