Sears Economy

/ Sears Economy #31  
I'm so old that I can remember the Texas Blue Laws when the only "mall" in Dallas was all closed up on Sundays and the Dallas Sports Car Club and the Dallas Corvette Club used the parking lot for a variety of races on Sundays.

It's True then...... those really were the Good Olde Days ! :thumbsup:

Rgds, D.

/ Sears Economy #33  
Sears had a big place in the mall in Denton that closed, and it's still closed, supposedly because Sears OWNED their part of the mall so they're are waiting for the bankruptcy court to let it go. The mall management says they already have tenants waiting to take over that space.

I question in my mind how such a big company could go broke. The answer in my mind is...after being part of large corporation they give bonus to mid and upper management to the cut expenses. To get their bonus they cut and cut and cut and cut their way out of quality service and products. Here in Canada, anything I bought in the last 10 years from sears was junk and the service sucked.

It's not easy. Consumer are opting for the cheep poor quality products from abroad. That may be part of the problem as well. As for me I like buying high quality durable goods and don't mind spending extra money for it but when I spend the extra money and I still get junk I get peeved. That's what happened with the last set of washer and dryers and stove I bought from sears. That's what happened why I didn't return to buy more products from sears.