Big cities are dying. This should shock you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Big cities are dying. This should shock you. #1  

goeduck

Super Star Member
Tractor
Kubota, Massey, Iseki
This is not intended to be a political thread but if you have an hour to watch this, look at what is happening to our big cities. This is Seattle but the same goes for many cities these days.

KOMO News Special: Seattle is Dying | KOMO

/ Big cities are dying. This should shock you. #2  
Goo... I haven't had a chance to watch this yet but caught a glimpse. Thanks for posting. After 47 years, I moved out of King Co. about 10 years ago (Born in Seattle, was raised in Bellevue, and raised my family in Redmond). 'Escaped' to the Hood Canal. Times are a changing. We used to ride our bikes from Bellevue to Seattle and catch a movie and then ride our bikes back. Imagine that life now.

I know I'm boring the non-locals that cannot relate. Sorry. It used to be special to go 'downtown'. Now it is something I avoid unless there is a big event I want to attend. Go Hawks!

/ Big cities are dying. This should shock you. #3  
Goo... I haven't had a chance to watch this yet but caught a glimpse. Thanks for posting. After 47 years, I moved out of King Co. about 10 years ago (Born in Seattle, was raised in Bellevue, and raised my family in Redmond). 'Escaped' to the Hood Canal. Times are a changing. We used to ride our bikes from Bellevue to Seattle and catch a movie and then ride our bikes back. Imagine that life now.

I know I'm boring the non-locals that cannot relate. Sorry. It used to be special to go 'downtown'. Now it is something I avoid unless there is a big event I want to attend. Go Hawks!

Good onya Mate! Yep, the Mighty Hawthorn Hawks play the Adelaide Crows on Saturday.

Round 1 of the 2019 AFL season. :thumbsup:

/ Big cities are dying. This should shock you. #4  
I hate cities. But I have heard the opposite. They are coming back. The children of people who fled the cities don't remember why their parents left. Plus millenials don't like to drive or commute.

I didn't watch the video, but don't believe cities are dying.

/ Big cities are dying. This should shock you. #5  
I haven't watched that video, so MAYBE some cities are dying. But I've lived in or around Dallas, TX, for more than 60 years and the "cities" around here just keep growing in population, businesses, residences, etc. We used to have one and two story apartment buildings and any apartment complex with 100 units was a really big one. And now we have 3 and 4 story apartment buildings with complexes in the thousands of apartments and more of the same under construction everywhere you look in this area.

/ Big cities are dying. This should shock you. #6  
I haven't watched that video, so MAYBE some cities are dying. But I've lived in or around Dallas, TX, for more than 60 years and the "cities" around here just keep growing in population, businesses, residences, etc. We used to have one and two story apartment buildings and any apartment complex with 100 units was a really big one. And now we have 3 and 4 story apartment buildings with complexes in the thousands of apartments and more of the same under construction everywhere you look in this area.

Yeah, pretty much the same thing here. A lot of the small towns are struggling though.

/ Big cities are dying. This should shock you. #7  
"Nobody goes there anymore, it's too crowded"- Yogi Berra

/ Big cities are dying. This should shock you.
I hate cities. But I have heard the opposite. They are coming back. The children of people who fled the cities don't remember why their parents left. Plus millenials don't like to drive or commute.

I didn't watch the video, but don't believe cities are dying.

Watch the video, at least 15 min of it.... I am sure not all cities are going through what Seattle is, but the West coast cities are and probably Denver, Minneapolis.... the city is allowing rampant drug use and it leads to decay. Seattle is thriving economically,,, booming actually. But this ugly side makes being in the city distasteful and the crime is going through the roof.

Here is the link again.

KOMO News Special: Seattle is Dying | KOMO

Status
Not open for further replies.