8 Foot Caroni Finishing Mower Dissapointment......

/ 8 Foot Caroni Finishing Mower Dissapointment...... #31  
You need to move this thread to "gourmet meals" section. One reason we enjoyed those meals was the fellowship at the table.

/ 8 Foot Caroni Finishing Mower Dissapointment...... #32  
You need to move this thread to "gourmet meals" section. One reason we enjoyed those meals was the fellowship at the table.

Probaly right, how we got there I don't know. But seems all my conversations lead back to food. Might explain why I'm so big. Oh well too old to do anything else.

/ 8 Foot Caroni Finishing Mower Dissapointment......
LOL. Done deal. Original Moon Pies and Royal Crown Cola, maybe a Nehi grape or peach soda. Hey make that crackling cornbread. We might have some souse meat in white vinegar for horse divers.

Are you going to bring some of great grand dads white lightening from his medicine making machine hidden out in the woods? Haven’t had a good shot of corn squeeze in 35 years.... :(
We can raise a glass to Harper Lee...
PS- Big bowl of cheese grits currently being prepared for breakfast!

/ 8 Foot Caroni Finishing Mower Dissapointment...... #34  
Spring tonic with a touch of turpentine for flavor. Cheese grits, now wait a minute that's for Yankees ( that's like putting sugar in your grits). Big ole bowl of yellow hominy. Pig ears boiled with white rice. Hog brains with scrambled eggs to mix in with your grits.

Spent 5 hours on the tractor yesterday moving 20 yards of crushed concrete but still gained 5 pounds from all these posts. LOL

/ 8 Foot Caroni Finishing Mower Dissapointment...... #36  
Spent 5 hours on the tractor yesterday moving 20 yards of crushed concrete but still gained 5 pounds from all these posts. LOL

I wish I could be on my tractor. I'm stuck in this office staring at a one eyed monster all day.

/ 8 Foot Caroni Finishing Mower Dissapointment...... #37  
I am fortunate in that I was able to retire early and get to spend lots of time outdoors playing on the property. Have Pecans, blueberries, thornless blackberries, peaches, Pears and Pomegranites in two locals. Also a small garden mostly tomatoes and peppers in the warm time of the year and lots of greens in Fall and Winter. Also rebuild old cars. 1919 Model T, 1931 Model A and currently working on a 1957 Nash Metropolitan. Tried a fishing rig...LOL What a money pit! Heading off to TSC this morning for dog food and one of those grease gun needles we have discussed in a post above.
PS- My wife said the Southern Country side of her family always smashed up corn bread into a glass of cold buttermilk and ate it with a long spoon. Sounds good.....low calorie, low cholesterol! LOL
I retired from Federal Service (DoD)with 31 years but as a glutton for punishment I went back as a support contractor. I feel like its about time to let the hoss go to the barn (combined service to the Fed govt approx. 50 years). AS for the cornbread and milk I've seen my stepmother as well as my Father-in-law use buttermilk and cornbread. Never was able to stomach either. I like milk but buttermilk is for cathead biscuits.

/ 8 Foot Caroni Finishing Mower Dissapointment...... #38  
I would skip the water rinse after each use. I think that is where your problem is coming from. The water gets past the seals and freezes up the bearings. Just blow it off with compressed air or a leaf blower.

I would skip the water rinse after each use. I think that is where your problem is coming from. The water gets past the seals and freezes up the bearings. Just blow it off with compressed air or a leaf blower.

Good idea except there are bolt on covers over all the belts, pulleys and bearings with internal lips that make it pretty well impossible to get water into those areas even with a lot of pressure.

Last edited:
   / 8 Foot Caroni Finishing Mower Dissapointment...... #40  
Thinking the same thing. My ZTR manual states not to wash down the deck but to use a blower to clean off debris.

Good idea except there are bolt on covers over all the belts, pulleys and bearings with internal lips that make it pretty well impossible to get water into those areas even with a lot of pressure.
Could moisture build up under the covers?