Best way to refill 1lb propane bottles

/ Best way to refill 1lb propane bottles #11  
I have a couple Flame King refillable bottle. It has a bleed valve. You can buy the filler part too but I already had a setup for the disposables. On the disposables you end up reeking of propane trying to hold the reverse Schrader type valve. Some people fill them until equalized then take like a small Allen wrench and burp the main valve a few times then fill again. Repeat process until it issues liquid when held at about 45* angle and burped. That leaves room for the gas. Also you can get a small scale and weigh it so you don't overfill it.

/ Best way to refill 1lb propane bottles #12  
I will never forget as a twelve year old, my Mom bought me a Bernzomatic Torch. Kind of a nice one with a pencil flame. Anyway, that was my first experience with a sticking valve, when I unscrewed the torch head. I threw it out of the garage onto the lawn. There was ice on the lawn in summer. To this day, I wonder what I did wrong to cause the valve to freeze up.

/ Best way to refill 1lb propane bottles #13  
I fill all my small tanks with an adapter I bought from HF.
Put the small tanks in the freezer for a few min. Screw them onto the adapter. Turn the large tank upside down and open the valve

/ Best way to refill 1lb propane bottles #14  
Did that, with a brand new BBQ tank, but never got much of a fill. And then I messed with the schrader valve looking thing, got a good fill, but it leaked until empty.

/ Best way to refill 1lb propane bottles #15  
I bought one of those adapters that you use to fill small bottles and followed the directions to the T and still couldn't get it to work. Waste of money.

/ Best way to refill 1lb propane bottles #17  
Really weird how half the guys do this sucessfully and the other half can't make them work. An adapter is an adapter!

The local propane guy was trying to tell me that his propane is better than the tank exchange program because HIS propane is FRESH! Maybe it's something like that! lol

/ Best way to refill 1lb propane bottles
About the only thing they might be able to add to their big propane tank is smell. Maybe your propane guys company uses Gain laundry fresh scent?

/ Best way to refill 1lb propane bottles #19  
I like April Rain myself.

/ Best way to refill 1lb propane bottles #20  
Really weird how half the guys do this sucessfully and the other half can't make them work. An adapter is an adapter!

The local propane guy was trying to tell me that his propane is better than the tank exchange program because HIS propane is FRESH! Maybe it's something like that! lol

He must have a "sell by" date on the truck.