Best way to refill 1lb propane bottles

/ Best way to refill 1lb propane bottles #21  
I purchased four of those bottle filler adapters,, from eBay.

The adapter is cheaper than the plastic cap that keeps dust out of the 20# bottle,, so, I use the adapters as dust plugs,,

Some day, I might use one to fill a bottle,, :laughing:

/ Best way to refill 1lb propane bottles #23  
the non-refillable bottles need to be filled by weight for safety!. it would not be nice to be near it when it explodes from the expanding gas when it heats up!.. it don't have any safety features for overpressure!.:eek: you can have a bomb there!..

/ Best way to refill 1lb propane bottles #24  
I never blew myself up when we used to do this with Acetylene tanks!

/ Best way to refill 1lb propane bottles #25  
the non-refillable bottles need to be filled by weight for safety!. it would not be nice to be near it when it explodes from the expanding gas when it heats up!.. it don't have any safety features for overpressure!.:eek: you can have a bomb there!..

what do you mean it has no safety feature? of course it does, all non refillable bottles have a over pressure release, and is what most people pull while refilling the bottle

/ Best way to refill 1lb propane bottles #26  
I thought (but don't know) that the little schrader looking valve is for purging the tank when it was filled. Never knew it was a safety.

/ Best way to refill 1lb propane bottles #27  
I thought (but don't know) that the little schrader looking valve is for purging the tank when it was filled. Never knew it was a safety.

its spring loaded... otherwise it would be a screw like on the refillable kind

/ Best way to refill 1lb propane bottles #28  
I never blew myself up when we used to do this with Acetylene tanks!
WOW!!. DON'T EVEN JOKE ABOUT THAT!!.. FOR ANYONE ELSE SEEING THIS, NEVER TRY TO REFILL AN ACETYLENE TANK YOURSELF!!. IT'S WAY TOO DANGEROUS!!.. EVEN PLANTS THAT DO THIS ARE VERY LIMITED, AND THEY DO HAVE ACETYLENE TANKS EXPLODE OCCASIONALLY, BEHIND VERY THICK, REINFORCED CONCRETE WALLS!!..

/ Best way to refill 1lb propane bottles #29  
Really weird how half the guys do this sucessfully and the other half can't make them work. An adapter is an adapter!

I think the difference might be in the internal configuration of the large tank's valve.

Bruce

/ Best way to refill 1lb propane bottles #30  
Same filler I have, also no issues with it.

yeah. idea what the other guys are using. Maybe they aren't turning their large tank upside down for liquid and are trying to fill right side up and filling with gas.
Just like adding liquid to charge an A/C system. turn it up side down for liquid. right side up for gas