TODAY'S GUN TIME

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #4,272  
You talking about this guy??

View attachment 630678

What is funny is I had to re read that post because I thought to myself that's no caldwell stinger LOL

Curious how old is that one, and how to you like the quality?

It was the one I grew up on as a kid and I loved that rifle. Taught me how to use irons LOL

Kind of regreting that my dad didn't spend the money on having it rebuilt (I'd say we got like 40 years out of her) but I can blame him from some of the pricing he got.

Always remember going down to the gas station with my dad buying the pellets there (gas station was also the local sporting goods store). Can you still find them like this?

Screen Shot 2019-11-30 at 8.43.16 AM.png

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #4,273  
Sig, there is a newer yellow box, and a tweaked pellet shape out there, again not the wasp-waisted 'diabolo' type, but resembling them more than the older pattern. There are also sellers offering the Benjamin screw-top tin 5mm 20g with the older, more cylindrical shape. Some want an arm and a leg for the yellow boxes, but not all do.

The honest mistake too many of us have made (waves hand frantically) is putting a multi-pump airgun away fully emptied of charge. :eek: This allows seals to 'shrink back', not good. We're advised that storing such a gun with one or two pumps in it will extend their useful life. Way too late to save my Crosman 2100. :confused2:

btw, the last Blue Streak I bought was like $90 or so. (5-6 years ago?) As they fade away faster than the .20 cal ammo supply, prices this year were ~ another hundred Samoleons.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #4,274  
The honest mistake too many of us have made (waves hand frantically) is putting a multi-pump airgun away fully emptied of charge. :eek: This allows seals to 'shrink back', not good. We're advised that storing such a gun with one or two pumps in it will extend their useful life. Way too late to save my Crosman 2100. :confused2:

I remember when I first read that and though "why didn't anyone tell me" as I never saw an instruction manual with the gun LOL

That said, getting that puppy 10 pumps on every shot could give you a work out, and for the most part really does make me more than happy with my Gammo Bone collector. I mean break the barrel fully open (thus "cranking it" for air which isn't really that hard to do) and inset pellet and you're already humming that puppy past the blue streak.

That said, the blue streak just felt so much more like a "real" rifle to me as a kid other than most plastic stocks that you find on pellet rifles now a days IMO.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #4,275  
If you still have it and it needs a reseal, the kits are readily available, I have a blue streak and rebuilt it, wasn't too bad... there are also places to send them to that will fix everything needed, I think "MAC 1" is the best, just take the butt stock off and send him the rest...

The solvent trap I made was for a spin on... that kit is cleaner...

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #4,276  
What is funny is I had to re read that post because I thought to myself that's no caldwell stinger LOL

Curious how old is that one, and how to you like the quality?

It was the one I grew up on as a kid and I loved that rifle. Taught me how to use irons LOL

Kind of regreting that my dad didn't spend the money on having it rebuilt (I'd say we got like 40 years out of her) but I can blame him from some of the pricing he got.

Always remember going down to the gas station with my dad buying the pellets there (gas station was also the local sporting goods store). Can you still find them like this?

View attachment 630686

That one is about 7 ish years old and its about identical to the one I had many years ago, you might look into one, they are still being made. And yes , it is sitting on a Caldwell Stinger.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #4,277  
My background came back today so later today I can pick it up when I go into town a Marlin 60 22lr. Now I can start killing those chipmunks and red squirrels in the summer!.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #4,280  
My background came back today so later today I can pick it up when I go into town a Marlin 60 22lr. Now I can start killing those chipmunks and red squirrels in the summer!.

It came back? mine are usually done while I'm standing there and now with a CCP I don't have to wait that long..