Buying Advice John Deere compared to Kubota

/ John Deere compared to Kubota #241  
I do admit electronic control over hydraulics can be slick. I do love my electronic max height pot, and up/down pushbuttons on the 3ph. (JD6200) But, that is just a module that can be easily diagnosed and replaced.

Do ya think maybe there's a computer involved?

/ John Deere compared to Kubota #242  
Yeah, but a standalone module.

I see it like a thermosat for your furnace. You can have a computer controlled thermostat. If it fails, you rip it off the wall and replace it with any other or twist the wires togther to get heat. Now, if it's proprietary and "talks" to the furnace, your fu#$#$!

/ John Deere compared to Kubota #243  
Odd analogy.

So you rip the thermostat off the wall (hydraulic standalone module) and you twist the wires together. What do ya reckon the computer is gonna think of that?

/ John Deere compared to Kubota #244  
I was more implying that it's only one small module you have to contend with. My 3ph module doesn't communicate with any other part of the tractor. Nor does the PTO module except getting sensor information from the PTO itself.

But the point about the thermostat is that you can help yourself, and haven' been had by the furnace manufacturer.

/ John Deere compared to Kubota #245  
Yugo's were simple vehicles too.....

/ John Deere compared to Kubota #246  
If they had a crank included to start the thing, I want one. Like I said. I like anything where I can help myself if it fails.

/ John Deere compared to Kubota #247  
I’d rather have something that doesn’t break to start with. There’s no chance I’d trade my 6.0 Chevy for a 1975 carbureted 454. Given the option I’d jump on trading my 6.5 for a Duramax. My 6.5 hasn’t given any trouble but a duramax is better. I’m a pretty big fan of the HST plus in my M59 too. The transmission on my 310 was all drive by wire and worked better than any simple transmission I’ve ever used.

/ John Deere compared to Kubota #248  
Except for glow plugs, My Duramax has never let me down. I don't work it hard though. Just feed it lots of fuel and it's happy.

/ John Deere compared to Kubota #249  
One of my family members has a Duramax dually. It gets 11 mph pulling his behemoth camper and 16 mpg highway empty. Real mileage not the computer mileage. I’d consider that pretty good. My 6.5 gets about 12 all the time but it’s never on the highway.

/ John Deere compared to Kubota #250  
One of my family members has a Duramax dually. It gets 11 mph pulling his behemoth camper and 16 mpg highway empty. Real mileage not the computer mileage. I’d consider that pretty good. My 6.5 gets about 12 all the time but it’s never on the highway.

My two 7.3L PS trucks get 15mpg daily driving, 10-12mpg pulling the GN depending on load and terrain.

In regards to computer technology. Everyone reading this thread has the opportunity to not own any engine powered vehicle with a computer. None choose to do so. Wonder why? :)

A small percentage of readers could properly gap a set of points if they had to. :)