Hog damage

/ Hog damage #11  
We trapped them for years from farmers property in our area ,traded a hog for two bags of corn and that worked out well for us.:confused: After awhile it got old :shocked: They don't call them piney wood rooters for nothing:D

/ Hog damage #12  
Glad they moved on from my place. Found out afterwards that my neighbor had a deer feeder spewing corn twice a day right below my place.

We trapped and killed a few and he removed the feeder so they moved on.

/ Hog damage #13  
I was driving down I-45 between Dallas and Houston the other week and could see where hogs had rooted the right-a-way. We have them in our neighborhood now. The neighbor had his yard torn up.

/ Hog damage #14  
Seems like the feral hog problems is a great training experience for our Guard and Reserves. They have the weapons, the ammo, the night vision, and the heavy equipment to bury the results.

/ Hog damage #15  
I'll even propose that using them to work on the invasive species problem in Florida may also be good training.

/ Hog damage #16  
Seems like the feral hog problems is a great training experience for our Guard and Reserves. They have the weapons, the ammo, the night vision, and the heavy equipment to bury the results.

That sounds like an excellent idea..

/ Hog damage #17  
We are pretty fortunate. Don't have any wildlife that is destructive in that manner.

Deer and Turkeys take their toll on the grain farmers. A problem that can't be controlled. But certainly could be reimbursed by the Wildlife Conservation Department. After all, they claim to own them when hunting is discussed. Until you hit one with your car. Then they don't.....

The city dwellers complain about goose poop at the Golf Course. But that's their fault for stocking them on their lakes and ponds.

/ Hog damage #18  
Being in the central flyway where we are, our area is a nesting grounds. Mother nature was here long before we were. She planted the geese.
We are pretty fortunate. Don't have any wildlife that is destructive in that manner.

Deer and Turkeys take their toll on the grain farmers. A problem that can't be controlled. But certainly could be reimbursed by the Wildlife Conservation Department. After all, they claim to own them when hunting is discussed. Until you hit one with your car. Then they don't.....

The city dwellers complain about goose poop at the Golf Course. But that's their fault for stocking them on their lakes and ponds.

/ Hog damage #19  
Glad they moved on from my place. Found out afterwards that my neighbor had a deer feeder spewing corn twice a day right below my place.

We trapped and killed a few and he removed the feeder so they moved on.

The deer hunters at our old place had to do the same. Since 2005 until we moved in 2018, we killed 2500+ hogs and did not make a dent. Have not seen any at our new place thankfully. Probably only a matter of time though.

/ Hog damage #20  
Rare but I have even seen them in the wider parts of the medium strip where theres some low water and some trees on I75 north of Ft Myers Fla .

We used to have alot way more of them years ago but with the eastern Collier County and Lee County expantion and the increase of the Fla panther population their numbers been taken a beating down here .

I"ll tell ya what we do have down here in se Collier County imo more so than in most states in the lower 48 are black bears .
Theres a ton of them down here . Just this week alone like 5 nites ago at approx 10:20 pm est we had four big ones all together in our front yard looking for food I guess .