Hog damage

/ Hog damage #21  
We are pretty fortunate. Don't have any wildlife that is destructive in that manner.

Deer and Turkeys take their toll on the grain farmers. A problem that can't be controlled. But certainly could be reimbursed by the Wildlife Conservation Department. After all, they claim to own them when hunting is discussed. Until you hit one with your car. Then they don't.....

The city dwellers complain about goose poop at the Golf Course. But that's their fault for stocking them on their lakes and ponds.

Nobody stocks Canada geese on their lakes and ponds. They've just adapted like rats, raccoons, seagulls, and coyotes.

/ Hog damage #22  
We feed the wild ducks and turkeys etc...I collect the turkey droppings once they dry...I use a grabber stick and a pail...it makes great side dressing fertilizer on vegetable plants...

Liquefied (tea) and diluted it works good on starter plants once they're established...

/ Hog damage #23  
Nobody stocks Canada geese on their lakes and ponds. They've just adapted like rats, raccoons, seagulls, and coyotes.

At my house in town, we have plenty of resident geese (poop machines) and no one stocked them.

/ Hog damage #24  
We have hogs on our hunting lease in Alabama. The best way to control them is by trapping, but that requires daily trips to the trap. I hate running a tractor through a field after they have rooted it all up.

/ Hog damage #25  
We are pretty fortunate. Don't have any wildlife that is destructive in that manner.

Deer and Turkeys take their toll on the grain farmers. A problem that can't be controlled. But certainly could be reimbursed by the Wildlife Conservation Department. After all, they claim to own them when hunting is discussed. Until you hit one with your car. Then they don't.....

The city dwellers complain about goose poop at the Golf Course. But that's their fault for stocking them on their lakes and ponds.

One year, my Dad had worse than normal deer damage in his corn field. The game warden came out to inspect, and said deer don't do that kind of damage - it must be your cattle (ignoring all the deer tracks in the ground). My Dad quit trying to convince him. He simply said, "I will simply shoot the offending cattle, even if they have eight point racks". He got the reimbursement. :)

/ Hog damage #26  

We do have feral hogs in south central MO, though. A friend a couple of counties over shoots as many as he can. I'd sure be mad if they rooted up my pasture.

/ Hog damage #27  
I hate running a tractor through a field after they have rooted it all up.

Yep, I had plenty of experience with that in Navarro County, when we lived down there and I cut and baled hay with a neighbor.

/ Hog damage #28  
Or maybe it's a ruse the hogs are using and in the near future they will free "Oscar", ha.

KC

/ Hog damage #29  

Missouri Wildlife Conservation Agency stocked Canadian Geese here back in the 70s. Clipped the wings on mated pairs and released them on ponds to nest. If successful, the offspring are there next year.

Once a year-round population is established then no stocking is required. You are simply stepping in the poop of subsequent generations of "stocking".

/ Hog damage #30  
Or maybe it's a ruse the hogs are using and in the near future they will free "Oscar", ha.

Orwell's Napoleon is alive and hiding somewhere in South America.