Anybody know about International Pay Loaders?

/ Anybody know about International Pay Loaders? #21  
Eric - I'd love to see photos of the new loader. Hough loaders and old square body GM trucks are my passion.

/ Anybody know about International Pay Loaders?
Eric - I'd love to see photos of the new loader. Hough loaders and old square body GM trucks are my passion.

Everything is buried in snow right now so we need northern Minnesota to melt. Right now we're in fools spring heading back into second winter. I have an agreement to purchase this H80 with the following caveats. That with new batteries, it pops off easily as explained, that the existing weeps here and there in the hydro system are not leaks. That the bottom of the bucket is substantially still intact. That none of the pins are loose. That it shifts easily in all three gears and that it responds properly to throttle inputs forward and reverse.

That all said, if I do get it, I'll likely have questions!

/ Anybody know about International Pay Loaders? #23  
Other than the dealer being helpful which is never a bad thing I don稚 think you will find any legacy connection between Case Construction and Hough/IH/Dresser/Komatsu. I wish you luck in tracking down what you need.

There was never any connection between Hough and Case. IH sold the Construction Equipment Division to Dresser, who later sold it to Komatsu. They later sold the Agricultural Division to Tenneco, who owned Case at the time.

Two different divisions of IH sold to two different competitors.

The IH trademark was part of the Tenneco transaction, and the old International Harvester Company became what still today is known as Navistar

IMG_7134.JPG

648584d1585700827-anybody-know-about-international-pay-img_7134-jpg

To the relief of the seller in the brave new world we suddenly find ourselves in I am going ahead with our original deal to purchase this H80. I need to do some grinding out, cutting new metal reinforcements and welding on bottom of the bucket and replace the leading edge, fix some vacuum leaks, clean it off and get it painted and replace all the wiring because it is in the crumbly stage of life and because the fuel and temperate meters are inoperative and half of the lights don’t work but I can have fun fixing this easy stuff. The tires are pretty poor but the thing is located in north-central Minnesota where my pickings are slim and bringing in a better machine would cost me transport and tax on the sale.

The DT466 engine started within 1/4 second of cranking after sitting for two years. The pins and center pin all appear right. Rubber gaskets on the pins on the loader boon have rotted out and need to be replaced to retain grease.

Hopefully this will not turn onto a money pit, but no matter what, it will make for good YouTube fodder and I’m only into for 22 cents a pound.

Thank you very much for all the responses. I’m certain I’ll have more questions to come when I bring not home.

Last edited:
   / Anybody know about International Pay Loaders? #25  
View attachment 648584

To the relief of the seller in the brave new world we suddenly find ourselves in I am going ahead with our original deal to purchase this H80. I need to do some grinding out, cutting new metal reinforcements and welding on bottom of the bucket and replace the leading edge, fix some vacuum leaks, clean it off and get it painted and replace all the wiring because it is in the crumbly stage of life and because the fuel and temperate meters are inoperative and half of the lights don稚 work but I can have fun fixing this easy stuff. The tires are pretty poor but the thing is located in north-central Minnesota where my pickings are slim and bringing in a better machine would cost me transport and tax on the sale.

The DT466 engine started within 1/4 second of cranking after sitting for two years. The pins and center pin all appear right. Rubber gaskets on the pins on the loader boon have rotted out and need to be replace to retain grease.

Hopefully this will not turn onto a money pit, but no matter what, it will make for good YouTube fodder and I知 only into for 22 cents a pound.

Thank you very much for all the responses. I知 certain I値l have more questions to come when I bring not home.

25,000 pounds?

/ Anybody know about International Pay Loaders? #26  
Keep an eye out for coolant in the oil pan. Take precautions with the proper antifreeze additive package. Good Luck!

Neither the seller nor I know what the weird mystery thing is that is attached to the topside of the curl cylinder. The whatever-it-is appears to have two quick disconnect vacuum lines attached coming out the back of it facing the driver. Anybody know what this thing is for?

49724853712_c4827675d0_k.jpg

/ Anybody know about International Pay Loaders? #29  
It's part of the auto bucket leveling system .....