ZD 1211 recall ?

/ ZD 1211 recall ? #21  
I gave the fuel cap vent a shot of compressed air on the right side tank, the one that wasn't flowing. Then I closed valve on the left side tank, the side that was flowing.

I started it up and ran at a high idle for about five minutes, in front of the shop. No stall. So I jumped on it and mowed for almost two hours, with left tank valve still closed .. no problems.

Tomorrow, I'll blow out the other fuel cap vent, fill both tanks, open the left tank valve .. and mow. Hope this easy fix resolves it.

/ ZD 1211 recall ? #22  
I spent time on the phone with Kubota Service manager who said there are no present recalls or known issues on the ZD1211 fuel system.

I'm going to try a few thing with filters and fuel lines.

There is an informational service bulletin that came out a few weeks back addressing uneven fuel flow. It essentially says to draw from one tank at a time. It is not a campaign or service action.

/ ZD 1211 recall ? #23  
I forget which tank, but mine draws from one tank a lot faster. One will be close to empty and the other still has 2-3 gallons in it

/ ZD 1211 recall ? #24  
I forget which tank, but mine draws from one tank a lot faster. One will be close to empty and the other still has 2-3 gallons in it
Yes here are the fueling instructions it pulls fuel from the left tank first and then drains the right one i believe 20200414_121357.jpg

/ ZD 1211 recall ? #25  
I've had an issue develop three days ago. My bulk diesel tank was empty and I was waiting for my suppler to come fill my tank.

My ZD1211 was already loaded on my trailer so I stopped at a gas station in town and filled both tanks.

The mower ran fine for several hours then, while mowing it just stalled like it was out of fuel. I finally got it started and back to my shop. The left side tank was empty and the right tank was full?

I filled the left tank again from my bulk tank and it runs fine again?

Until I saw this post I was assuming a plugged fuel filter from the right tank. Now I’m wondering?

I'm calling my dealer Monday to see if there is any info on a recall or others .. with same problem. FWIW .. mine has 309 hours.

BTW .. my bulk tank has a Golden Rod filter. I assume the gas station diesel pump does as well. When the problem started it had only “gas station” diesel in tanks.
I did add the comment from the owner manual i a picture on the above post this sounds pretty normal with the exception of the stalling my left tank always drains first. I wonder if one of your fuel filters is plugged both tanks have their own filter

/ ZD 1211 recall ? #26  
I did add the comment from the owner manual i a picture on the above post this sounds pretty normal with the exception of the stalling my left tank always drains first. I wonder if one of your fuel filters is plugged both tanks have their own filter

Pls. See post #21 above.

/ ZD 1211 recall ? #28  
Ah good not sure why but I had to read that like 3 times to understand that it resolved the problem

I wanted to check the easy stuff before messing with the fuel filters. I've added blowing out fuel cap vents to regular PM.

My fuel goes thru a Golden Rod filter / water separator coming out of my bulk tank.

/ ZD 1211 recall ? #29  
Since doing no more than blowing out both of the fuel cap vents, I've put in another 8 hours of mowing, with no issues.

Kubota recommends replacing the three fuel filters at 400 hours. I'm at 318 hours.

/ ZD 1211 recall ? #30  
Since doing no more than blowing out both of the fuel cap vents, I've put in another 8 hours of mowing, with no issues.

Kubota recommends replacing the three fuel filters at 400 hours. I'm at 318 hours.
Good to know I'll keep that in mind if i ever have a tank stop flowing. I just put about 8 gallons in mine i thought i filled it last winter before parking it