I want to buy your tractor... what will you accept

/ I want to buy your tractor... what will you accept #101  
I agree with you, but have learned this isn't the place to express sich notions.

/ I want to buy your tractor... what will you accept #103  
in New York, you have to demonstrate a need for a carry permit, else you don't get one!.
True, but the local sheriff is on the record as saying that he wished everyone had a carry permit, so "I want one" is enough need (as long as you pass the background check).

Aaron Z

/ I want to buy your tractor... what will you accept #104  
True, but the local sheriff is on the record as saying that he wished everyone had a carry permit, so "I want one" is enough need (as long as you pass the background check).

Aaron Z

That begs the question:
EVERY "LOCAL SHERIFF" in NY ????

/ I want to buy your tractor... what will you accept #106  

Aaron Z
it's the Police Chief that has to approve the Permit, Not the Sheriff, though!.. another provision. NRA-ILA | New York Gun Laws

/ I want to buy your tractor... what will you accept #107  
it's the Police Chief that has to approve the Permit, Not the Sheriff, though!.. another provision. NRA-ILA | New York Gun Laws

That map of reciprocity is informative.
Of it's immediate neighbors, only VT will allow New Yorkers to carry concealed.
So.....if you drive out of NY state carrying concealed, you had better be driving ONLY to VT., and not anywhere beyond.

Last edited:
   / I want to buy your tractor... what will you accept #108  

I looked at your link but didn't see where it says who approves the permit. Usually it is the CLEO for the area which in a town or city would be the police chief but if the individual is in the county, outside of a town or city, it would usually be the sheriff that would approve the permit. But I am sure that could vary from state to state.

Not trying to be picky, just a clarification.

/ I want to buy your tractor... what will you accept #109  
I looked at your link but didn't see where it says who approves the permit. Usually it is the CLEO for the area which in a town or city would be the police chief but if the individual is in the county, outside of a town or city, it would usually be the sheriff that would approve the permit. But I am sure that could vary from state to state.

Not trying to be picky, just a clarification.

Your profile location: "20 miles from somewhere"...... might that be somewhere close to "Lower Uncton" ?

/ I want to buy your tractor... what will you accept #110  
Your profile location: "20 miles from somewhere"...... might that be somewhere close to "Lower Uncton" ?

I guess that isn't a completely accurate description of where I am. It should read, "20 miles from alotta somewheres". I have no idea where Lower Uncton is so I don't know the answer to your question.