Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #114,621  
Not to butt in on your real estate transaction, but I think you are being played. We have our cabin in the mountains on the market now as well, and you wouldn't believe the crazy requests we get to warrant reducing the price. Stick to your game plan and market value before you fire sale it. You most likely will get what you want in the end.

I concur.

Drew, I'm sorry you're having to deal with this. If the monthly amount of keeping the house up is draining the big bucket, then to take some off is OK. Just don't let them play you. You know all the hard work you put into it.

Whoops.... Sorry, just saw this. Best of luck, if it is right for you all the better.

Same here.

Edit: Grapped this for Kyle while I was down at Menards - it's the 1 x ___ section of lumber that's inside of Menards - the side which contains the longer boards, two levels ... and I'm on (the upper level) of the opposite side, which contains the shorter boards:

View attachment 661656

Meant to get a pic of the outdoor yard ... but I was already at the gate/guard booth by the time I thought of it ... :rolleyes:

You weren't kidding about a wide assortment of lumber/cut wood.

/ Good morning!!!! #114,622  
Wow, i only dream of a lumber / board supply like that out here... that's it, I'm moving somewhere in between a Menards and Rural King....

/ Good morning!!!! #114,623  
Drew, know that you need to do what is right for you.... I think you made a fair compromise. To be able to move forward with one less thing to worry about will be tenfold better for you. Take care my friend!

/ Good morning!!!! #114,624  
Good evening all. 78F for the start, overcast and windy. Windy again today 15-28, overcast thinned during day, and high temp was 91, feels like 102F. Cleaning lady prep to start, had meeting, then bike ride. After lunch nap then pick up tank vent for chainsaw, installed it in about 15 minutes. Took wife to Italian place that was pretty good.
Covid update: Cooke 43 confirmed cases, active cases 14, Montague 18 confirmed cases, 6 active cases, Grayson 572 confirmed cases, 26 active cases
Dennis had some pics like that in some of our stash of old pics
Drew sorry about buyer's behavior, something smells. Your Mom had a neat birthday.
Mike I hear you, lake surface temp was 81F last time I went fishing. You related to Samson?
Billy to do list just gets longer
Ron hope you can get the caulk, and door primed, nice pic, weeding is fun said no one ever ;)
Don hopr you can get project done before attic really gets hot. facemask fine is steep! :eek:
Bill nice to hear from you, don't hit any moose :)
Bill my SIL lives in Ozark area lots of deer. Shen hit a deer, BIL puts deer whistle on car, starts hitting them almost every week, the deer when startled would jump in front of her. Whistle removed, problem solved
RS wont that leave the handle a bit slick?
PJ, I remember Imos, they were not my favorite. good to hear you are sticking with the biking
RNG How much does that chunk of steel weigh? Hope you get oil pan leak sorted out and track the cold start down.
Ted today's to do does not sound fun. Sorry about DIL Covid scare, today was bad day for Covid numbers
Drew sorry it comes to this, very glad you will get most of investment back out. praying for you.
Don glad attic went smooth, good to hear you are dodging Covid so far.
RS nice pic bet it was nice to have wife working with you.
prayers for all especially Drew and Jay and Country
stay healthy and safe you all.

/ Good morning!!!! #114,625  
guys, I appreciate the support and united front here. My life is not so simple though, first am under enormous pressure from family to make the deal and get this behind me, particularly if cancer treatment is not successful. Second, my reality is I have a unique property, nothing like it in my area, a mini estate that most buyers aren't willing to pay for. And with Covid still fully active, real estate activity has been dead. I was told no other buyers interested in farm and could take up to two years to sell. Yes, totally self serving of realtors, easy to see through, they just want to get paid. So I split the difference and took 20 grand more off, totaling about a 8% reduction of original asking price.

Sure not where I thought I'd wind up, but then I'm stuck in an assisted living facility and real estate market locally is cold. It was the best deal I could make, but would have walked at full amount off they wanted. So I wind up being the nice guy getting beat up but I also really need to sell the place, and get liquid with my finances for the period ahead. So I signed the amendment form and realtor is driving over right now to pick it up. At least he is doing something...

When I sold my home in PA,I got asking price, and the realtor was absolutely superb. Hoped to have that repeat itself but times are different for sure. And I never thought my current realtor had much spine. Onward. Sometimes one has to know when to fold them...and I am getting almost all my investment out of the farm at final sale price.
Simply not going to let this final episode ruin what has been very very good memories and experiences.

Best of luck for you Drew and hoping this is your last hiccup for many many years. Get well and prosper my friend.

/ Good morning!!!! #114,626  
A bit over 6 hours brushhogging today. Happy with progress.
Time for a cold one.

/ Good morning!!!! #114,627  
You weren't kidding about a wide assortment of lumber/cut wood.
Kyle,

What I got today included two 2" x 8" x 12' SYP - which I had to pull from outside in the yard (I think all the 2" x and greater is outside) - I should have gotten a pic while I was in the shed.

The shed on one side is kinda like that aisle (the other side in the shed is just racking, with bunks of the popular lumber: studs, 4 x 4's, etc.) - two levels with a catwalk, although it's taller (25' ?) and longer than inside ... probably 350' to 400' long.

And there are actually two sheds ... plus additional racking under roof on the outside of the sheds.

Thinking about it, if I had to guess, in terms of total square footage, Menards is probably double the typical Lowes or Home Depot here ... and they're not what you would call small.

Gotta think they are going to give Lowes and the Depot a run for their money ...

/ Good morning!!!! #114,628  
RS wont that leave the handle a bit slick?

I certainly hope so.

RS nice pic bet it was nice to have wife working with you.

It was - we had a good time - had some laughs, got some things done ... :D

BTW - gotta tell ya:

I'm blown away by the mileage you put in on your rides ... also impressed to find out that Don did the triathlon thing ... :thumbsup:

/ Good morning!!!! #114,629  
Busy day.
Came home a little early from work.
Wife decided to get some black raspberries from orchard north of Gettysburg so I drove her. Got 6 pInts at $7 each (ouch), then paid for a bucket of pitted sour cherries for $70 we pick up Sunday. Got some free cider donuts out of the deal. Wife already made a batch of black raspberry jam.
After leaving orchard got milk shake at a country drive inn.
IMG_5210.JPG
Don’t know if you can read the sign down the road, a Messicks kubota dealership.
Cleaning up more picture directories, adding dates to previously scanned pics.
Remembered I have diaries from 8th grade thru beginning of college, so found dates for events in there. Also stuck most of my HS report cards in there. Also, local radio station put out weekly top 40 chart, got a bunch of those from the 70s.
Here’s an example
IMG_5246.JPG
$.65 for a pro baseball ticket.

In 1975 I logged my bike miles. I was up to 175 by august, lol.
That was riding around the farm.

/ Good morning!!!! #114,630  
4 yrs today my mom died.