Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #114,641  
Need to pour first cup of coffee. 59° with clear skies this morning. Heading to 88° with a few clouds in PM. Got weeds cleaned out of gardens. After inspecting barn for what is needed called a local painter that I have used before. He is coming out to give a quote in next few day. Not a good idea for me to be climbing up a 20' ladder. Mow lawn today then some trimming. Still need some weed killer in areas.
Deep red Lily.
To9ba9v.jpg

Drew, hope closing gets done in reasonable time. I have been at Menards when they have a team going thru the picked over lumber. They cut up the bad wood and give it away as scrap. When I needed some ruff cut cedar. I went to all three box stores. Lowe's and HD had nothing but junk. Menard had over 100 board to pick from. Price was 1/2 of the other 2.

Eric, cutting the thistle 2 times so far this year has made a big dent in it regrowing in side field. I need to cut my 2 acre field out back soon. No thistle there. Because I have been cutting every year for 40 years.

Buckeye, good memories that were documented. I still need to get into mine. Lots of slides from my trips to Europe for work.

RS, good picture of lumber area inside Menards store. Our store has that plus 2 out buildings with construction lumber and 1 area with treated lumber.

Ken, good luck with bee traps.

RNG, hope gasket repair works.

Randy, hope you are OK.

Jay, check in.

Everyone be safe and healthy.

Good Morning All.

/ Good morning!!!! #114,642  
63F cloudy mid 70's for high sun might peak thru now again chance of passing showers.

Outside chores done E muffin time. :licking:
Plans for today...Give outside windows on the house good washin,after that poke around until I find something interesting to do.

Enjoy the day all.

/ Good morning!!!! #114,644  
79 and partly cloudy. Last day of quarantine and wife said she is coming home tonight. Lol

Hope everyone has a great day!

/ Good morning!!!! #114,645  
Good Morning!!!! 69F @ 4:30AM. Abundant sunshine. High near 95F. Winds SSW at 5 to 10 mph.

What brand weedeater is so generous with their spare parts, Don? Pretty sure I've paid more than $25 for just an air filter before.:shocked: Also glad the time in the attic is done for you. Not the best time of year to be up there!

And speaking of CV19, this county was once lagging the rest of the area, but have now caught up and is leading the pack. 168 confirmed cases, of which 63 are currently in isolation, 2 each in hospital and deceased. We've been picking up seven or eight new cases a day. The good news is that 95 have recovered. It's also good news that the hospitals are far from being overwhelmed, and if the experts are correct about far more people having it than are reported, we're making great strides toward herd immunity. That said, I still plan to wear a mask in public, don't really have a choice since it's mandated now even though it's not really enforced. And I'm not making any plans to do anything but necessary trips to town. Pretty much just like I always have.:confused3:

Like Neal Young said about rust, Eric, thistle never sleeps. I keep watching the upper meadow for yellow star thistle, having mowed a fair number of them down in May, but they don't seem to be poking their heads back above the mat of grass that was left behind. Something tells me I need to take a closer look before I'm overwhelmed by thistle seeds.

It's unfortunate that some people have responded to these unusual times by letting themselves behave badly when the vast, mostly silent, majority have dug deep and put their best foot forward, and more. It pains me deeply that one of the lowlifes has turned out to be the buyer of your farm, Drew, especially knowing how kind and generous you've been with your fellow man in your life. I can only hope that things even out for you in the days, weeks, and months ahead, and you continue with your recovery to start the next chapter in your life in excellent health. You certainly deserve nothing less.

I think that the pizza steel weighed 38 pounds, Bruce. Seems like too good to be true that shipping was only seven bux. Especially after Milwaukee screwed me for twenty-five dollars on shipping for that replacement drill chuck, and left out the special left handed screw the "nice lady" on the phone said would be included.

Add my name to the list wishing they had a Menards close to hand, RS. You lead a charmed life with that and a McMaster-Carr near enough to pickup in person. But the cherry on top is the wife that'll help out in the yard!

I found a good sized limb down just outside the gate yesterday when I went up to get the mail. The tree it fell from is dead, killed by the Camp Fire, and the limb was so dry it shattered into half a dozen pieces. That made picking it up a lot easier, and into the bed of the side-by-side it went. Now I have to figure out how to get the rest of the tree down without taking the plaster gate pillar with it, or setting the forest on fire with sparks from a chainsaw.:confused3:

Yesterday I followed the directions for testing the Mass Air Flow sensor in the van, and it passed with flying colors. Next to it in the manual was another test for the Throttle Position Sensor, and it was entirely different than what I'd been told by the ex-mechanic. Instead of reading the TPS from the code scanner, Haynes gives a voltage reading at both closed and wide open throttle. And the numbers I got when I measured them were out of spec. So I adjusted the TPS "by the book", and now the code reader reports the throttle is about three degrees open when in fact it is closed. So today, I'll disconnect the battery and short the two leads together, resetting the computer in hopes it will interpret the new TPS setting as closed. :crossfingers:

Ran four more wires, this time for the ignition cutout relay. There was room for it back behind the glove box, and by arranging the connectors on the wires correctly, I can jumper around that relay to restore operation of the coil if I need to. And the glove box comes out without needing tools.:dance1:

Today I'll wire up the power door locks I installed a month or two ago. I think the hardest part will be finding space for the two additional relays they require. Or maybe it'll be finding some kind of momentary switch; at this point, the only push button I have to work the locks is the keychain remote.:confused2:

Seems like just yesterday was Wednesday, and here it is July already. I guess time really does fly when you're having fun!:laughing:

Last edited:
   / Good morning!!!! #114,646  
Ron, thanks for asking, I’m fine I’ve just been doing some work I got behind on. Paperwork and otherwise.

I sprayed weeds yesterday, need to mow today but it’s trying to rain. At least it’s not so hot today.

Drew, good luck going forward, sorry for your trouble. I hope you get back to PA soon. It’s been fun watching you play gentleman farmer, and seemed you were having a ball. The food bank is going to miss you!

Don, you just weren’t using the same supplements as Lance!

Found out last week that our cleaning lady tested positive for COVID, she was last here June 2. Had her mask and gloves and we were not in the house with her.

/ Good morning!!!! #114,647  
Bef, does your diary reveal what were your favourites out of the top 40 in the 70's ?

Yes, that’s the Way I like it.
Adjustments.JPG

Rip, yes it was Bendersville. Beautiful area.

Wngsprd, Pirates fan.

Last edited:
   / Good morning!!!! #114,648  
Good morning 73 going up to 83 - cloudy
Busy on day job yesterday and today-so no fun allowed.

Drew - good luck and hope closing gets scheduled soon

RNG - good luck getting the Van sorted-

Stay safe and be well.

/ Good morning!!!! #114,649  
I still plan to wear a mask in public, don't really have a choice since it's mandated now even though it's not really enforced.

After much arguing and considering, our politicians have declined to make it a requirement, although most of us, including me, of course, do wear a mask.

79 degrees this morning, going for a high of 95 with a heat advisory in effect. I mowed, edged, and trimmed the lawn in mid-morning yesterday. It was certainly uncomfortably warm (upper 80s), BUT we had a fairly strong breeze from the south, so with an occasional stop for ice water and to wash my face with a damp wash cloth, I got done just after noon,.

/ Good morning!!!! #114,650  
Good morning. It was 78° and 90% humidity this morning. It's still overcast and our high should be 92° this afternoon.

I finished pw of last patio and fire pit area yesterday and just have the big open area between back porch, fire pit, and O/D kitchen to do.

IMG_1952.jpg

IMG_2137.jpg

IMG_2128.jpg

IMG_0018.jpg

IMG_0019.jpg
I plan to finish cleaning this area, this morning the back to cutting one of our pastures later today. This was just cut 2-3 weeks ago and not running any livestock on it.

IMG_2144.jpg

IMG_2143.jpg

My neighbor just called and asked if I could bring the New Holland to extricate his 120 HP tracked skid steer after lunch. He was using it with the mulching head a few miles from here and he backed into a low area of near quick sand.

Hope everyone has an excellent "Hump Day" today.

Prayers to all.