Where to look for reviews for the Best Dishwasher?

/ Where to look for reviews for the Best Dishwasher? #91  
Did you try one of those dating services?:D

/ Where to look for reviews for the Best Dishwasher? #92  
As I mentioned before, I usually start our Bosch when I go to bed at night. It runs for 2:13 ( don't know why it picked that, but that's what it does). When I unload it in the morning, about 6-7 hours later, everything on the bottom and the silverware is all nice and dry. Any glass or ceramic on the top is also dry. Plastic might have a few drops of water on it. The only thing that retains a lot of water is the sealing edges of plastic container lids. I just tap those out on a dishtowel.

I'd NEVER run any equipment while I sleep. I had a piece break off something in the dishwasher and sat on the heating drying element filled the entire house with smoke and set off the alarms would have caught fire if I didn't jump in there with a fire extinguisher.

Same with the washer. It blew a seal and dumped water all over the floor if I was asleep who know how much water would have dumped out.

/ Where to look for reviews for the Best Dishwasher? #93  
Congrats on your Bosch dishwasher purchase. No doubt it will save you a great deal of time, either from hand washing the dishes, or doing the drying :laughing:

Last December we replaced our old GE dishwasher with a wonderful modern LG model. Much to our surprise recently, we discovered that it won't run at all without WiFi active! Our internet had gone out for short time and the dishwasher wouldn't run. We finally read the small print on the package of papers that came with it and discovered that info.

Having known that before hand, we would have chose a more less modern model. You might want to investigate the requirements on your Bosch.

/ Where to look for reviews for the Best Dishwasher? #94  
^ wont run without wifi..... they need to shoot the engineers that signed off on that. Bosch's should have no such problem. I am no fan of smart or connected appliances, just more to go wrong without any actual added convenience. NO, I don't need my washer or fridge to automatically order me me detergent or food if they think I'm low.

5 years in with our own Bosch 500 series now, still running like a top on our softened well water. Zero crud build up, damage or repairs needed. Choosing the wrong detergent can leave a film on dishes, but typically not a problem. We've found it best to crack it open and let all the steam out as soon as the cycle completes... dries all the dishes well that way.

/ Where to look for reviews for the Best Dishwasher? #95  
^ wont run without wifi..... they need to shoot the engineers that signed off on that. Bosch's should have no such problem. I am no fan of smart or connected appliances, just more to go wrong without any actual added convenience. NO, I don't need my washer or fridge to automatically order me me detergent or food if they think I'm low.

5 years in with our own Bosch 500 series now, still running like a top on our softened well water. Zero crud build up, damage or repairs needed. Choosing the wrong detergent can leave a film on dishes, but typically not a problem. We've found it best to crack it open and let all the steam out as soon as the cycle completes... dries all the dishes well that way.
Yup, I dont even have internet at the house(not by choice), I'm not a fan of the smart connected appliances either.

I also crack the door if I'm around to catch the end of cycle, some versions can do that automatically. Only really needed for the plastic stuff, everything else dries even with the door closed.

/ Where to look for reviews for the Best Dishwasher? #96  
I'd NEVER run any equipment while I sleep. I had a piece break off something in the dishwasher and sat on the heating drying element filled the entire house with smoke and set off the alarms would have caught fire if I didn't jump in there with a fire extinguisher.

Same with the washer. It blew a seal and dumped water all over the floor if I was asleep who know how much water would have dumped out.

No air conditioning, furnace, water heater, well pump, etc...?

/ Where to look for reviews for the Best Dishwasher? #97  
LG is too expensive for me but they make good dishwashers. As for me, I prefer EdgeStar. Good dishwashers with low prices.

/ Where to look for reviews for the Best Dishwasher? #98  
Interesting read. I had a GE for 16 years. I had to periodically pull it out and clean things. Periodically we would run it with just a bowl and a 1/2 cup of vinegar. I did everything I could to keep it going. It got to a point were it wasn't certain if it was going to wash the dishes well or not. I did all the research and came to the hard decision that everyone has now when buying a new appliance. Get a "good" one for double/triple the price of the cheap ones or just buy the cheap one and hope it last 3-4 years. I've been told by several appliance stores that all appliances are only expected to last about 5 years.

In the end, I went with a Bosch. It's only been a year, but let me give you the one pro and con I have. It CLEANS dishes. I didn't know how clean a dishwasher could get things. Our old one didn't come close to what this does. The down sides of our Bosch, sorry mid level - maybe 500 series, is it's TOO QUIET and it takes a long time to clean and dry. When I push the button to start it, I don't actually know it's started. That's how quiet it is. And the more expensive versions are supposed to be even quieter. It also dries through condensation. We do not use the chemicals to help the drying, but we're happy with how it comes out. Only plastic items need to set out to dry for a few minutes when the washer is clean.

Well I should probably update this. The dishwasher lasted just 15months! Bosch's warrantee is a joke. It is good for a year (sort of) and after that they just guarantee that the stainless steel won't completely rust through. It cost me 2/3rds the cost of a new one to have the primary pump replaced. The dishwasher is still cleaning great, but I'm not impressed with the quality nor what the company stands behind. Moen, Anderson, Aroma, and Muck are so far the 4 companies that I've run across which stand behind their products.

/ Where to look for reviews for the Best Dishwasher? #99  
Well I should probably update this. The dishwasher lasted just 15months! Bosch's warrantee is a joke. It is good for a year (sort of) and after that they just guarantee that the stainless steel won't completely rust through. It cost me 2/3rds the cost of a new one to have the primary pump replaced. The dishwasher is still cleaning great, but I'm not impressed with the quality nor what the company stands behind. Moen, Anderson, Aroma, and Muck are so far the 4 companies that I've run across which stand behind their products.

Well crap. thanks for the update. We are in the market for a dishwasher I'll cross Bosch off the list if they do not stand behind their products.

/ Where to look for reviews for the Best Dishwasher? #100  
Well I vote 4 Bosh, so quiet that I don't turn up the TV when it is running. (open living concept)
And does it ever clean well!
Must be close to 10 years without a flaw.

And to comedy of it all is I purchased over the phone basically looking for a particular color (to match other appliances) and was offered our Bosh at a discount as it was 'last year model' and a floor sample. They delivered within 24 hrs and installed (not hooked up, however) as well as removing the old unit.
Total win/win for us.

As a result we know of 6-7 friends that have also purchased Bosh.