3-Point Hitch Pat's easy change on GC1720 TLB

/ Pat's easy change on GC1720 TLB #21  
I am considering Pat's easy change. Anyone using it on a GC1700 (GC1720 with CB65 to be exact)? I want a easy system, but I am worried about clearance when the backhoe is on. Having to uninstall it would defeat the purpose since it seems like an involved process (shims, u-bolts) installing it. What are your thoughts? Do you recommend something else for me? As always, I appreciate your input. Thanks in advance!
Ironically I am asking myself the same question, installing my backhoe tonight. Over the winter I switched from a quick hitch to a Pats (just to many implements that wouldn't fit on the quick hitch or I would have to adjust the top hook, which kind of defeats the purpose)
I have a 1755D and a BH75 so a little diffrent than yours but the same question remains.

/ Pat's easy change on GC1720 TLB #22  
Dang it now I gotta replace my PTO shaft on the tiller as it had been cut. It’s about 2 inches short now.. oh well still loving my Pats.
Don't need a new shaft, just one of these which will add some length for you. Screenshot_20191009-122112.jpg

/ Pat's easy change on GC1720 TLB #23  
Ironically I am asking myself the same question, installing my backhoe tonight. Over the winter I switched from a quick hitch to a Pats (just to many implements that wouldn't fit on the quick hitch or I would have to adjust the top hook, which kind of defeats the purpose)
I have a 1755D and a BH75 so a little diffrent than yours but the same question remains.
Well I got it on! It was close, I had to adjust the 3point lift links to drop it all the way to the ground to get the BH installed, and then carefully lift them just to the point of conact to the frame and then lock the pto lever locks as not to have it under load trying to lift it, or make it drop on the ground. The pto arms sit just a little lower than they would without the Pats on it but it works and didnt have to remove them, that's all that matters in the end.
So I know that mine is a diffrent model but I figured it was ok to reply to this thread as we are all Massey lovers here, right?
I do have a question though I almost bought a GC a couple years ago, but was afraid I would be umdersized and I would beat the crap out of it by overworking it. Now, I thought that the operators seat rotated around for the backhoe as to what somebody had told me, but I never checked it out. From what I am seeing now it looks like it is a standing operators platform?20200724_195001.jpgView attachment 66426320200724_194932.jpg20200724_194921.jpg

/ Pat's easy change on GC1720 TLB #24  
Well the seat is suppose to rotate around to operate. However many of us just don’t bother to do so really depends on what I am digging. Is it something I’ll be sitting a while needing precision, rotate and sit. Is it simply a stump and I will be moving around, kneel in seat facing backwards or something just stand.

Glad the pats work for you. I still gotta get my metal blade on the saw to take the extra bolt length down.

/ Pat's easy change on GC1720 TLB #25  
Well the seat is suppose to rotate around to operate. However many of us just don’t bother to do so really depends on what I am digging. Is it something I’ll be sitting a while needing precision, rotate and sit. Is it simply a stump and I will be moving around, kneel in seat facing backwards or something just stand.

Glad the pats work for you. I still gotta get my metal blade on the saw to take the extra bolt length down.
Ok, that makes sense, nice that you have both options actually, with a cab tractor it can be a pain sometimes because you have 2 distinct operatora stations for the tractor and the backhoe, hence get out of the tractor to do any operations with the BH, (unlike a purpose built backhoe).or your units.
I am going to replace my Pats bolts with shorter stainless steel bolts just to have a little more clearance alll the way around.
You can see here where I had a little oops lifting the 3 point arms back up after installing the BH, the arm flipped when it should have flopped, haha.
Screenshot_20200724-221805.jpg