Eye protection that doesn't insert under hearing protection cups

/ Eye protection that doesn't insert under hearing protection cups
You're working too hard at it, dude. Grab the top of your ear at the point, pull up on it while sticking the rolled up plug in, it goes right in. You straighten your outer ear canal when you pull your ear up.

Second that, it was in the instructions for my old silicone ear plugs Roll the plug to compress it, pull up on the ear by reaching around beyind your head, and insert it with the other hand.

Interested to hear which ones you were comparing. I use some sort of hearing protection every day (I run chain saws and chippers for a living) and the plugs and muffs that I have experience with have all been within a 24-33 dBa rating, with plugs generally being somewhat higher.

The _usual_ hearing protectors I use are, I think, just Harbor Freight items. Nothing special. I use them in the wood shop with table saw and dust vac, I use them in the metal shop with grinders, I use them with the chain saw, never really had much issue with them, they were good enough for me. It wasn't until the Kubota Z700 mower entered my life that they were no longer adequate and I bought the Peltors - jury still out on those -.

/ Eye protection that doesn't insert under hearing protection cups #33  
I use any of these three eye protectors along with the hearing protector. All work fine.

Attachments

• masks.jpg
    masks.jpg
    929.5 KB · Views: 135
I use any of these three eye protectors along with the hearing protector. All work fine.

Yeah, I have those two on the right. I used the chemical goggles (or whatever they are) yesterday, it works, if bulky. The glasses on the right though noticeably diminished the noise reduction on my old hearing protectors. I haven't tried it on the new peltor muffs.

/ Eye protection that doesn't insert under hearing protection cups #39  
I wear Ray Ban G3 Aviator style glasses, with very slim frames, and they still can admit noise into muffs.

Where I notice the lack of noise abatement the most is with the work tunes. Too much noise and you can't hear the music.

/ Eye protection that doesn't insert under hearing protection cups #40  
The _usual_ hearing protectors I use are, I think, just Harbor Freight items. Nothing special. I use them in the wood shop with table saw and dust vac, I use them in the metal shop with grinders, I use them with the chain saw, never really had much issue with them, they were good enough for me. It wasn't until the Kubota Z700 mower entered my life that they were no longer adequate and I bought the Peltors - jury still out on those -.
Good plugs have a higher dBa rating than any muffs I've seen. You could try using both. Maybe get one of these, https://www.northerntool.com/shop/t...2898&msclkid=cb2ded96a62b17d349f4b2a2931aa89a Takes care of eye, ear and head protection all at once. Another option might be to install a better muffler on the engine.