Eye protection that doesn't insert under hearing protection cups

/ Eye protection that doesn't insert under hearing protection cups #11  
Thanks, but I'm going with the over ear protection, so I have a fat heavily insulated set of ear muffs that I will no doubt hate in the heat, but man are they quiet.

Now I just want eyewear that won't defeat their purpose.

Interestingly, most of the silicone or other foam ear inserts I looked at weren't anywhere close in noise reduction capabilities (according to the NRR or whatever it was rating) compared to the top shelf ear muffs. Taking it all with a grain of salt, since many vendors over-claim or use non-standards-based rating systems if they can get away with it.
I've used silicon ear inserts a lot in the past for other things, but was shooting for max coverage this time because this mower was really getting to me with the noise.

I'm curious what you have for ear muffs, as most of what I've found have less noise reduction than ear plugs. When running chainsaw for any length of time I use both plugs and muffs, otherwise I will hear the darned thing echoing in my head all night.

You say that you will hate them in the heat and I agree. Yet you also would hate asking "what?" every time somebody speaks to you... and don't ask me how I know that.

/ Eye protection that doesn't insert under hearing protection cups #12  
Ear plugs might be the only avenue for wearing glasses. Glasses with a strap might work not too bad too. Like when I wear goggles with muffs.

It takes me forever to install one ear plug effectively!

/ Eye protection that doesn't insert under hearing protection cups #13  
You're working too hard at it, dude. Grab the top of your ear at the point, pull up on it while sticking the rolled up plug in, it goes right in. You straighten your outer ear canal when you pull your ear up.

/ Eye protection that doesn't insert under hearing protection cups #14  
I will have to try that. I NEVER saw that on any instructions. More, that I shouldn't eat them.

/ Eye protection that doesn't insert under hearing protection cups #15  
The first thing people are going to say is THAT'S TOO EXPENSIVE. The first thing I say is my eyes, head, and hearing is worth it.
Best protection I've ever worn. Comfortable built-in ear protection and I replaced the mesh with clear plexiglass because I work around date palms and the thorn could go through the mesh. I agree they're pricey BUT you but them one in your lifetime unlike always buying eye protection, helmets and ear protection time and time again.

Protos-Integral-Arborist-Helmet-OrangeGrey.jpg

/ Eye protection that doesn't insert under hearing protection cups #16  
I don't remember if somebody told me that trick or I figured it out myself. But I dunno, maybe just my ears are whacked...it works for them, anyways. What do ear plugs taste like? :laughing:

/ Eye protection that doesn't insert under hearing protection cups #17  
It depends. Before or after use?

/ Eye protection that doesn't insert under hearing protection cups #18  
You might investigate motorcycle eyewear... there are versions that are designed to be worn with a helmet so as not to defeat the 'loud pipes saves lives' ear protection of the 'lid'.

Detachable 'arms' to a elasticised head-strap.

/ Eye protection that doesn't insert under hearing protection cups #19  
You're working too hard at it, dude. Grab the top of your ear at the point, pull up on it while sticking the rolled up plug in, it goes right in. You straighten your outer ear canal when you pull your ear up.

Yabut, don't you need to be Vulcan to do that? I have no point on the top of my ears. :confused3:

/ Eye protection that doesn't insert under hearing protection cups #20  
I don't remember if somebody told me that trick or I figured it out myself. But I dunno, maybe just my ears are whacked...it works for them, anyways. What do ear plugs taste like? :laughing:

I read it someplace on an ear insert package... it was so long ago that I don't remember where. I get so accustomed to wearing them that I often don't bother taking them out when I stop for lunch... but still double up when running chainsaws