Lock n lube grease gun fitting

/ Lock n lube grease gun fitting #1  

Frankenkubota

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota MX 5800, SkidPro 4 in 1, Ratchet rake, SkidPro pallet forks
So sorry, I know there is a lock n lube thread but when I search I get threads about tires locking up etc.

I do not interface well with technology, I AM A LUDDITE!

With that said, my new lock n lube fitting quit on me. It was working fine, had 2 more zerks to do and noticed the grease coming back at me, not going into the fitting.

That usually means I had not made the connection properly. Nope.

Everything seemed to hook up fine but, the grease keeps coming back at me!

I知 curious, is there some kind of pin or something in the lock n lube the depresses the spring loaded ball bearing in the zerk? Or is it the pressure? I tried 3 different known working fittings so......

I知 going to tear it apart but, thought I壇 ask the experts first.

Made in S. Africa. When痴 the last time you bought anything made in S Africa, except diamonds!

Multi Gracie!

/ Lock n lube grease gun fitting #2  
I had a love/hate relationship with mine for a year. When it finally quit working I installed the rebuild kit that came with it. It has worked much better since then. I almost gave up on putting the kit in because it was such a bear to get apart. Had to clamp the nut base in a vise and use vice grips on the barrel but it finally gave in.

When it dies again I won't be replacing it.

/ Lock n lube grease gun fitting #3  
Al lot of time when I have had grease coming back at me, I find the little ball in zerk as seized to housing... Don't have lock-n-lube but considering it... But over years I have had to free up ball in zerks to get it to accept grease.....

Dale

/ Lock n lube grease gun fitting #4  
Al lot of time when I have had grease coming back at me, I find the little ball in zerk as seized to housing... Don't have lock-n-lube but considering it... But over years I have had to free up ball in zerks to get it to accept grease.....

Got any good tricks to share for freeing up that ball?

/ Lock n lube grease gun fitting #7  
Cheap zerks too?

/ Lock n lube grease gun fitting
I forgot about the rebuild kit. As far as ceased zerks, maybe not because I did one, normal, next one, grease came back at me, immediately went to the one I’d just done, same problem so, probably failed gadget.

Virtually every gadget I get works good for 6 months, then ...... not so much.

This forum is amazing. As always, many thx

/ Lock n lube grease gun fitting #9  
YUP ......it is called.....Grease Joint Rejuvenator

Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM)

Not cheap, but it works!
$45 @ Northern Tool, $50 @ TSC

Already own one of those. They are handy, but don't free up every joint. One of these days I'll lay in a supply of replacement zerks in various sizes and orientations so I can just replace the stubborn ones.

/ Lock n lube grease gun fitting #10  
Already own one of those. They are handy, but don't free up every joint. One of these days I'll lay in a supply of replacement zerks in various sizes and orientations so I can just replace the stubborn ones.

Sometimes it is not actually the zerk that is the problem.
Sometimes grease has hardened, or dirt has accumulated beneath the zerk.
That is when the Grease Joint Rejuvinator is most appropriate.