Peeling Hard Boiled Eggs, How do you do it?

/ Peeling Hard Boiled Eggs, How do you do it? #1  

goeduck

Super Star Member
Tractor
Kubota, Massey, Iseki
Curious of the best ways to peel a hard boiled egg and not have the shell stick to the egg.

/ Peeling Hard Boiled Eggs, How do you do it? #2  
Seems to me, to do it as soon as possible after your level of hardness has been reached. Also, you ned to get under that membrane. Would be interested if running them under cold water helps or hinders. I think I usually do, since peeling them right out of the boiling water is impossible.

/ Peeling Hard Boiled Eggs, How do you do it? #3  
Don't use fresh eggs, it takes about 2 weeks for the whites to separate from the membrane. I like to put them in cold water, bring them to a boil then shut the water off and let them set for 20 minutes. rThen run them under cold water to cool, and shell them. They should come right off.

/ Peeling Hard Boiled Eggs, How do you do it? #4  
Very easily with this amazing tool.
I bought on of these a few years ago and the shells literally fall off when you peel them.
Even day old farm fresh eggs, which if you know anything about them, the fresher an egg is, the harder it is to peel (especially farm eggs) the older an egg is, the easier it is to peel.
With this it doesn't matter the age of the egg.

Check this out at Amazon.com
Elite Gourmet EGC-007 Easy Electric Poacher, Omelet Eggs & Soft, Medium, Hard-Boiled Egg Boiler Cooker with Auto Shut-Off and Buzzer, Measuring Cup Included, BPA Free, 7, White Amazon.com: Elite Gourmet EGC-7 Easy Electric Poacher, Omelet Eggs & Soft, Medium, Hard-Boiled Egg Boiler Cooker with Auto Shut-Off and Buzzer, Measuring Cup Included, BPA Free, 7, White: Electric Egg Cookers: Kitchen & Dining

/ Peeling Hard Boiled Eggs, How do you do it? #5  
I don't get it. I thought there was a tool for peeling eggs.

/ Peeling Hard Boiled Eggs, How do you do it? #6  
I don't get it. I thought there was a tool for peeling eggs.
Use one of these gadgets to make hard boiled eggs and you will quickly realize it doubles as a tool to make the shells fall right off. Promise, you won't be disappointed!

/ Peeling Hard Boiled Eggs, How do you do it? #7  
Very easily with this amazing tool.
I bought on of these a few years ago and the shells literally fall off when you peel them.
Even day old farm fresh eggs, which if you know anything about them, the fresher an egg is, the harder it is to peel (especially farm eggs) the older an egg is, the easier it is to peel.
With this it doesn't matter the age of the egg.

Check this out at Amazon.com
Elite Gourmet EGC-007 Easy Electric Poacher, Omelet Eggs & Soft, Medium, Hard-Boiled Egg Boiler Cooker with Auto Shut-Off and Buzzer, Measuring Cup Included, BPA Free, 7, White Amazon.com: Elite Gourmet EGC-7 Easy Electric Poacher, Omelet Eggs & Soft, Medium, Hard-Boiled Egg Boiler Cooker with Auto Shut-Off and Buzzer, Measuring Cup Included, BPA Free, 7, White: Electric Egg Cookers: Kitchen & Dining
We have a very old cheap, but similar steamer. There are two 'fill' lines in the bottom that allow you to steam to get both soft or hard boiled eggs easily. Auto shut off. And yes cool them in ice cold water. But fresh eggs are still not as easy as 'aged' but it does seem to help for some reason vs. boiling.

/ Peeling Hard Boiled Eggs, How do you do it? #8  
Boil egg. Put into a Tupperware with a lid. Shake well. Pick out eggs. Throw shells away.

/ Peeling Hard Boiled Eggs, How do you do it? #9  
We have a very old cheap, but similar steamer. There are two 'fill' lines in the bottom that allow you to steam to get both soft or hard boiled eggs easily. Auto shut off. And yes cool them in ice cold water. But fresh eggs are still not as easy as 'aged' but it does seem to help for some reason vs. boiling.
Mine has a cup with sets 3 of 7 graduated lines on it.
For soft, medium or hard and from 1 to 7 eggs being cooked.
And like I mentioned, I can even take the eggs out of the nest and cook them same day and they peel amazing.
Couldn't do that with any of the other numerouse methods I tried, using salt, vinegar, fast cooling, ice, slow cooling ect.
I dont pimp a product very often, but this less than $20.00 kitchen gadget is hands down one of my favorite.

But for the record, I have now idea how to cook or peel Dragon eggs!

/ Peeling Hard Boiled Eggs, How do you do it? #10  
^^^ Should have been a pitch man for ronko products. FREE can of silly string (that stuff to fill in bald spots) with every order. lol

Always amazes me to go to especially little thrift stores and see all the kitchen Gimmicks, many never even been used. No doubt a lot of gimmicks work but their storage and cleaning sometimes make them not worth the bother.