took delivery of my new Kubota MX 5400 with Equine discount!!

/ took delivery of my new Kubota MX 5400 with Equine discount!! #1  

durf 700

Bronze Member
Tractor
2017 LS XR4145H
my new tractor got delivered yesterday! I like it.. nice machine! the air ride seat is a nice feature I had put into it. saved over 10K with Equine discount. Just waiting on the top and tilt kit and extra set of remotes to come in so dealer can install.

Kubota MX 5400.jpg

/ took delivery of my new Kubota MX 5400 with Equine discount!! #2  
my new tractor got delivered yesterday! I like it.. nice machine! the air ride seat is a nice feature I had put into it. saved over 10K with Equine discount. Just waiting on the top and tilt kit and extra set of remotes to come in so dealer can install.

View attachment 674214

That is bloody nice... Do yourself a favor, add wheel weights even if you loaded the tires; it makes a world of difference on the MX tractors.

/ took delivery of my new Kubota MX 5400 with Equine discount!! #3  
Looks great!!! Congrats and I wish you many years of good service.

/ took delivery of my new Kubota MX 5400 with Equine discount!! #4  
Congrats durf, nice machine! Don’t be shy with the pics and keep us posted on how it’s going!

/ took delivery of my new Kubota MX 5400 with Equine discount!! #5  
That is bloody nice... Do yourself a favor, add wheel weights even if you loaded the tires; it makes a world of difference on the MX tractors.

I have the mx5800. You said put wheel weights on, world of difference. What are the benefits? I've had the bh on for 9 months but it's due to come off next week so the weight in the rear of my tractor is going to change dramatically.

thx

/ took delivery of my new Kubota MX 5400 with Equine discount!! #6  
Do yourself a favor, add wheel weights even if you loaded the tires; it makes a world of difference on the MX tractors.

Your tractor cab adds around 700 pounds to MX bare tractor weight, mostly distributed over the rear wheels.

Most T-B-N contributors recommend liquid filled rear tires OR rear wheel weights on a cab MX but NOT both because of the propensity for rear wheels/tires to rut lawns and soil.

Try ground contact and Loader work without the Backhoe before making a decision. Then add rear wheel weight incrementally as your conditions and your MX applications suggest.

If stability is the issue, rather than traction, increasing the distance between rear wheels an increment may be a better option than adding weight, assuming your MX has two part rear wheel rims.

Last edited:
   / took delivery of my new Kubota MX 5400 with Equine discount!! #7  
Okay, I'll show my ignorance, what is an Equine discount? And how do you qualify?

Doug in SW IA

/ took delivery of my new Kubota MX 5400 with Equine discount!! #8  
Kubota is offering discounts to members of select equine associations through the rest of this year.

I took advantage of this when we bought our new RTV-X1100C.

Details can be found here:

Equine Offer Landing Page

/ took delivery of my new Kubota MX 5400 with Equine discount!!
my tractor does have the 2 piece rims which can be swapped around a few different ways for width. I will see how the tractor does with just loaded tires. I do have a weight box and a box blade that will probably be on it most of the time. If thats not enough I will add wheel weights. I will let everyone know how it goes!! Here is a shot from the back angle of the tractor I had just incase it helps anyone out. also of the barn I'm building currently with my Woodmizer LT 35 HD.

thanks
kubota MX 5400 rear.jpgbarn project.jpg

/ took delivery of my new Kubota MX 5400 with Equine discount!!
Okay, I'll show my ignorance, what is an Equine discount? And how do you qualify?

Doug in SW IA

all you have to do to qualify is sign up for the free 1 year membership for the National Cutting Horse Association or several others. However this one is free. I did my research on all of them. You can call Linda at the NCHA and she can even expedite your membership card to you.. she was super polite and a pleasure to speak with when I followed up on my card. then just give your dealer a copy of it and enjoy 20% off the MSRP with all Kubota accessories!!!!! I saved closer to 11k on my tractor.. still can't believe it but it is legit!

jump on it now as I have heard that Kubota will be raising pricing after 1/1/21 as much as 15 or 20%!!!!!!!!! you don't qualify for the 0% with this discount but if you check with your local credit unions you can find some great deals. I just closed on 3.48 %