took delivery of my new Kubota MX 5400 with Equine discount!!

/ took delivery of my new Kubota MX 5400 with Equine discount!!
oh ya... I was pretty upset for a few hours for making such a stupid mistake.. its my 3rd factory cab tractor.. I was just not thinking.. I will now always shut the door no matter what i'm doing.. muscle memory! the kubota insurance would cover this , however I don't have it.. so I will be.. lol.. the new glass was 418.00 plus shipping. I also purchased new door seal and metal door handle/bar that I bent in the process. I don't know what they cost but since they were available I told my dealer to just get them. hopefully it will be a distant memory within 2 weeks!!! I was just glad the parts were not on backorder with everything going on this year..

/ took delivery of my new Kubota MX 5400 with Equine discount!! #22  
oh ya... I was pretty upset for a few hours for making such a stupid mistake.. its my 3rd factory cab tractor.. I was just not thinking.. I will now always shut the door no matter what i'm doing.. muscle memory! the kubota insurance would cover this , however I don't have it.. so I will be.. lol.. the new glass was 418.00 plus shipping. I also purchased new door seal and metal door handle/bar that I bent in the process. I don't know what they cost but since they were available I told my dealer to just get them. hopefully it will be a distant memory within 2 weeks!!! I was just glad the parts were not on backorder with everything going on this year..

$418 is less than I than I would I have guessed. I hope that is one mistake I don’t make and I have made plenty.

/ took delivery of my new Kubota MX 5400 with Equine discount!!
Well as is right with the world! I got the call yesterday from my dealer that the new cab glass door was in along with my new door seal and gray grab bar handle to close the door! I picked up at lunch time on my break and installed last night. pay close attention to the orientation of the rubber pieces that attach to the brackets.. the diagram isn't correct that they gave me showing which way they are installed.. I fought with the hinges for quite a while before disregarding the blow up sheet showing how they are to be attached to the hinges and glass.. then I was able to get the pins and hinge lined up!! I feel much better now that my new tractor is back to how it should be..

all in, glass cost was 418.00 , door seal was around 81.00 and the metal grab handle was round 119.00 I think.. my total was 618.00 no tax. turn around time for everything was only 8 days to order and get all parts in. the tractor doesn't move now unless the doors are shut!!!! lol

/ took delivery of my new Kubota MX 5400 with Equine discount!! #24  
Durf, how and when do you lay the equine membership on them? My fear is that the salesman will then pad the setup. I guess that would be awkward if he has already quoted it?

I also wonder if the equine discount would hurt his commission and that he'd be somehow harder to deal with? This guy is nice and communicative just not very negotiable. Back in the fall I made a similar pass at him and he wasn't negotiable then either. Maybe the dealership makes up for that in terms of service but I don't know that and won't for a long time.

all you have to do to qualify is sign up for the free 1 year membership for the National Cutting Horse Association or several others. However this one is free. I did my research on all of them. You can call Linda at the NCHA and she can even expedite your membership card to you.. she was super polite and a pleasure to speak with when I followed up on my card. then just give your dealer a copy of it and enjoy 20% off the MSRP with all Kubota accessories!!!!! I saved closer to 11k on my tractor.. still can't believe it but it is legit!

jump on it now as I have heard that Kubota will be raising pricing after 1/1/21 as much as 15 or 20%!!!!!!!!! you don't qualify for the 0% with this discount but if you check with your local credit unions you can find some great deals. I just closed on 3.48 %

/ took delivery of my new Kubota MX 5400 with Equine discount!! #25  
Durf, how and when do you lay the equine membership on them? My fear is that the salesman will then pad the setup. I guess that would be awkward if he has already quoted it?

I also wonder if the equine discount would hurt his commission and that he'd be somehow harder to deal with? This guy is nice and communicative just not very negotiable. Back in the fall I made a similar pass at him and he wasn't negotiable then either. Maybe the dealership makes up for that in terms of service but I don't know that and won't for a long time.

Mossy I thought I would just jump in with my experience. I got quotes with 0% financing and my savings off of msrp was right about 11% . With the equine discount I was obviously at 20% msrp but rate jumped to 5.35% . I've been tractor shopping alot of years and save up for the right deal. My dealer and salesman had no different feelings with either option I choose. I don't think the equine discount affects the dealer or salesperson.

/ took delivery of my new Kubota MX 5400 with Equine discount!! #26  
Msrp was listed right on my quotes from various dealers also.

/ took delivery of my new Kubota MX 5400 with Equine discount!! #27  
Mossy I thought I would just jump in with my experience. I got quotes with 0% financing and my savings off of msrp was right about 11% . With the equine discount I was obviously at 20% msrp but rate jumped to 5.35% . I've been tractor shopping alot of years and save up for the right deal. My dealer and salesman had no different feelings with either option I choose. I don't think the equine discount affects the dealer or salesperson.

Thanks! This is a question for Durf too: will using the equine discount wipe out the $700 rebate Kubota is now offering on implements?

My salesman has responded well to news I am a member of the National Cutting Horse Association. He is working up new figures. I may lose here and there, well maybe the rebate I mentioned, don't yet know, but believe I will still be ahead of where I was on price.

/ took delivery of my new Kubota MX 5400 with Equine discount!! #28  
Thanks! This is a question for Durf too: will using the equine discount wipe out the $700 rebate Kubota is now offering on implements?

My salesman has responded well to news I am a member of the National Cutting Horse Association. He is working up new figures. I may lose here and there, well maybe the rebate I mentioned, don't yet know, but believe I will still be ahead of where I was on price.

I'm in the middle of purchasing an MX5400. My salesman told me today that the Equine discount program cannot be combined with ANY rebates and is only applicable to CASH deals, meaning third party financing - no Kubota zero percent and no KTAC insurance. So it's 20% off of full MSRP and you bring money with you from elsewhere. If your dealer is giving you a good deal, you'll have to crunch numbers and see what works best for you.

I'm concerned about the insurance side, having just lost a tractor to fire that was covered under KTAC. The Equine deal would have to be a considerable savings for me to go that route now. And I've already joined the NCHA so that's there if it works in my favor.

/ took delivery of my new Kubota MX 5400 with Equine discount!! #29  
From Kubota | Finance - Promotions & Special Offers On 12/11/2020

It appears your salesman is incorrect. Cash or Kubota standard rate financing. If the Equine discount was available two years ago I missed out on it and an additional 3.5% or about $1000. Dang. I would research the KTAC availability also.

DAE98328-0410-4A4A-B74F-8354DE2E50EF.png24E15261-F3D1-4F04-8D6C-3275CC26AEF0.png

Last edited:
   / took delivery of my new Kubota MX 5400 with Equine discount!! #30  
I'm in the middle of purchasing an MX5400. My salesman told me today that the Equine discount program cannot be combined with ANY rebates and is only applicable to CASH deals, meaning third party financing - no Kubota zero percent and no KTAC insurance. So it's 20% off of full MSRP and you bring money with you from elsewhere. If your dealer is giving you a good deal, you'll have to crunch numbers and see what works best for you.

I'm concerned about the insurance side, having just lost a tractor to fire that was covered under KTAC. The Equine deal would have to be a considerable savings for me to go that route now. And I've already joined the NCHA so that's there if it works in my favor.

My salesman just told me the same thing, despite the language that I highlighted below. But look at what I also highlighted, dealer prep. That was build in before, and now he plans to put numbers to it. My impression or fear is that he'll slap those numbers on top of his previous numbers that already included prep.

It may be time for me to try another dealer. On the other hand, if something sounds too good to be true, maybe it is. Possibly the equine program works best on bigger tractors where the tractor's base price is much higher. I am looking at a B2601.

Finally, however: I think I won't end up with 20% off but will get a quote that's less than what I have now. And am editing this to add that my salesman backed off on not giving the cash discount when I sent him what's below highlighted.

* ゥ Kubota Tractor Corporation, 2020. Up to 20% off MSRP on select models plus Standard Rate Financing (Promotional Rate Financing not Applicable). KTC reserves the right to cancel this program entirely, modify or amend any aspect at any time without prior notice. Purchase price is eligible for cash or applicable standard rate finance offers. MSRP for base equipment. Excludes dealer delivery, set up, and assembly fees, freight, taxes, and any finance charges. Optional equipment not included. Equipment image shown is for illustration purposes only and may not be base equipment. Please see your dealer for details or KubotaUSA.com. This program applies only to members in good standing with the National Cutting Horse Association and other qualifying national or regional equine organizations. Please see dealer for details. Offer expires 12/31/20.