took delivery of my new Kubota MX 5400 with Equine discount!!

/ took delivery of my new Kubota MX 5400 with Equine discount!! #11  
Your tractor cab adds around 700 pounds to MX bare tractor weight, mostly distributed over the rear wheels.

Most T-B-N contributors recommend liquid filled rear tires OR rear wheel weights on a cab MX but NOT both because of the propensity for rear wheels/tires to rut lawns and soil.

Try ground contact and Loader work without the Backhoe before making a decision. Then add rear wheel weight incrementally as your conditions and your MX applications suggest.

If stability is the issue, rather than traction, increasing the distance between rear wheels an increment may be a better option than adding weight, assuming your MX has two part rear wheel rims.

Absolutely no problems with that at all... I wouldn't operate an MX without extra weight on the rear.

/ took delivery of my new Kubota MX 5400 with Equine discount!! #12  
Congrats on the purchase! I know you’re gonna love the new tractor and it looks like you’ll have a great barn too!

/ took delivery of my new Kubota MX 5400 with Equine discount!!
Congrats on the purchase! I know you’re gonna love the new tractor and it looks like you’ll have a great barn too!

thank you sir! i bought a woodmizer sawmill this past spring and have been milling my own lumber off the land to build a barn. its been an enjoyable project this year. so far I really like the hydraulics on the new tractor. it is very easy to raise and curl or dump at the same time vs my new holland and others I've looked at.

Had to run to tractor supply to get the category 1 to category 2 sleeves for my pins.. only cost about 5-10 dollars for the 2 for the pins for the attachment and the top link sleeve. this will take out the play in the smaller category 1 pins just in case anyone else is upgrading to a tractor that has a category 2 3 pt hitch set up and has attachments that are designed for category 1.

so far so good.. the new MX 5400 cab with loaded rear tires unloaded my 3 tons of rice coal in the rain full of water and felt much more stable than my TC 45 with loaded rear tires. I had the box blade on the new kubota like I used to have on the TC 45. didn't get light at all at a little faster pace vs the new holland!

well.... I definitely broke in the new tractor this weekend! while putting on my quick hitch and moving the tractor back and forth to adjust the top hook into the correct position I made a bad mistake... I decided to pull the tractor out of the pole barn and go to the garage.. no problem if you shut the glass cab door.. warning.. if you don't and the door gets caught on the wall in the pole barn while pulling out it will shatter into a million pieces!!! which mine did.. :(

luckily the glass is not on back order and the new door glass will be in about 14 days from now! not a fun afternoon!

/ took delivery of my new Kubota MX 5400 with Equine discount!! #16  
Kubota insurance covers that?

/ took delivery of my new Kubota MX 5400 with Equine discount!! #17  
Maybe the true definition of Broke In. Sorry to hear it. Hopefully you wont see a scar to remind you of it every day.

/ took delivery of my new Kubota MX 5400 with Equine discount!! #18  
Thats one of the most common damages to cab tractors. My son did the same thing to a L5030 nearly 20 years ago. Dealer kept the doors in stock it happens so often.

/ took delivery of my new Kubota MX 5400 with Equine discount!! #19  
In the mid 70s my BIL to-be added an aftermarket cab to his JD 4020. A farm hand soon thereafter de-cabitated it by driving under one of their pivot irrigation systems.

/ took delivery of my new Kubota MX 5400 with Equine discount!! #20  
well.... I definitely broke in the new tractor this weekend! while putting on my quick hitch and moving the tractor back and forth to adjust the top hook into the correct position I made a bad mistake... I decided to pull the tractor out of the pole barn and go to the garage.. no problem if you shut the glass cab door.. warning.. if you don't and the door gets caught on the wall in the pole barn while pulling out it will shatter into a million pieces!!! which mine did.. :(

luckily the glass is not on back order and the new door glass will be in about 14 days from now! not a fun afternoon!

Sorry to hear durf, frustrating for sure...my wife has to remind me when I do something like that, its all replaceable.