6013 vs 7014 vs 7018

/ 6013 vs 7014 vs 7018 #132  
Yes, but very seldom do we drive the distance for 1 item, usually combine trips with doctors appointments, groceries (curbside pickup at Walmart), etc...

Sometimes we switch things up if we do not have doctors appointments and travel 100 miles north to another Walmart.

We have a Napa in town, about 7 miles away that you can order an item and that they do not have it in stock, they order it and it's usually their the next day by noontime.

KC

Oh, I do not doubt your information, but I'm real glad that I did not know this about 30 years ago while rappelling out of a UH-1N Iroquois.

It's bad enough information when they tell you the helicopter is more important then me and that they will cut the rope if necessary to save the bird...

KC
To bad Napa wont do welding gas refils or oxy/acet but since your retired you probably like going for a ride.

Might get the OP upset and most others but lets got to a commercial break. Since your out in the middle of nowhere and I'll never get out there and you are closer then I am, have you ever been to Custer's last stand? It would be one of my first visits since I'm sort of a history buff.

30 years ago I was making weapons of mass destruction and still is.
103c63955ab2255bc2e18ba51c8fd927.jpg

Herea a picture of you on the rope, does one look down or up, up to see if someone has a knife in their hands...........
uh-1n-iroquois_005.jpg uh-1n-iroquois_001.jpg

/ 6013 vs 7014 vs 7018
To bad Napa wont do welding gas refils or oxy/acet but since your retired you probably like going for a ride.

Might get the OP upset and most others but lets got to a commercial break. Since your out in the middle of nowhere and I'll never get out there and you are closer then I am, have you ever been to Custer's last stand? It would be one of my first visits since I'm sort of a history buff.

View attachment 675240

Herea a picture of you on the rope, does one look down or up, up to see if someone has a knife in their hands...........
View attachment 675247 View attachment 675248

Ha, no way guys, I was born back in the last century still, before the triggered culture took hold. :D

/ 6013 vs 7014 vs 7018 #134  
KC,
Thank you for your service!:m1helmet:
hugs, Brandi

I second that.

Thanks for the kind works, but my only service was as a civilian SAR (search & rescue team; as co-captain of High angle rescue team, & as captain of swiftwater rescue team) team, and we had trained with the Navy's SAR teams at a couple different NAS (Navel Air Station) Bases.

My draft lottery number was above 300 when I turn 18 years old, so I was not drafted, and I was offered an apprenticeship in the dirty finger nails club of hard work.

Another fact to note is I am left handed and the Navy only allowed rappelling from their helicopter using their equipment and "only right handed" (good thing this was not hard for me).

My praise and continued "thank you for your service" goes out to all that have serviced this great country of the USA, and the ones I have known personally are forever in my memory (RIP) a long with everyone that gave everything for this great country.

I was tired when I posted about my training and probably should of just went to bed before posting as for me to set the record straight needed more information about me that I normally keep pretty closed lip...

Sorry, KC

/ 6013 vs 7014 vs 7018 #135  

View attachment 675240

View attachment 675247 View attachment 675248

I myself do not need to go for rides but the wife points me in the direction she wants to go and that's where we go...

Our small town has a welding/fabrication shop for industrial logging/mill and they would allow my bottle gas to travel with their order, but I just don't want to impose.

Thank you for your service!

Your pictures show the winching to or from the helicopter (the one that I trained with was orange & white) which they had a fixed 45 caliber slam charge to sever the cable if necessary and yes there was a knife in a sheath located next to the hard point where the rope was attached to the helicopter.

Yes we have been to the Little Bighorn Battlefield National Monument a couple of times, and we would go again since it's been about 5 years ago.

I believe it's a history hallow ground for both sides involved that the National Park Service explains to the visitors.

It was almost as a similar experience that I had when I visited the Pearl Harbor National Memorial over 40 years ago...

KC

/ 6013 vs 7014 vs 7018 #136  
Gene,

Sorry to hijack your welding rod thread, it has really strayed away from your welding rod discussion.

KC

/ 6013 vs 7014 vs 7018 #138  
I myself do not need to go for rides but the wife points me in the direction she wants to go and that's where we go...

Our small town has a welding/fabrication shop for industrial logging/mill and they would allow my bottle gas to travel with their order, but I just don't want to impose.

Thank you for your service!

Your pictures show the winching to or from the helicopter (the one that I trained with was orange & white) which they had a fixed 45 caliber slam charge to sever the cable if necessary and yes there was a knife in a sheath located next to the hard point where the rope was attached to the helicopter.

Yes we have been to the Little Bighorn Battlefield National Monument a couple of times, and we would go again since it's been about 5 years ago.

I believe it's a history hallow ground for both sides involved that the National Park Service explains to the visitors.

It was almost as a similar experience that I had when I visited the Pearl Harbor National Memorial over 40 years ago...

KC
For some reason I'm not picturing logging in MT.... And yeah who wants to bother a fab shop for welding supplies, I did that once to buy steel, they was as cold as cold roll steel, they was into selling labor not steel........

If you have a good camera phone and find your way back down there or anywhere in MT with with scenery, take some pic and post then on this thread>>> https://www.tractorbynet.com/forums...y-pictures-what-does-your-14.html#post5723734

/ 6013 vs 7014 vs 7018
Gene,
Sorry to hijack your welding rod thread, it has really strayed away from your welding rod discussion.

KC

No worries KC, that's how we roll on TBN. And civilian search & rescue is legit, man!

/ 6013 vs 7014 vs 7018 #140  
Curioscity I git, seems like every Xspert internet welder gold arm says 6013 no good. All kinds of badmouthing 6013, but tons of 6013 made every day, and other than capping pipeline around 2/3 the world must be warehouses filling wid no good rod. I just don't see dat bein a good product line for any factory.

Maybe real welders got no need to be on internet cryin like girls.