What's happened to Shield Arc

/ What's happened to Shield Arc #113  
A couple of us tried... no luck and not pushing to respect privacy.

/ What's happened to Shield Arc #115  
Dat de man on W Coast said he was a union pile drivin carpenter? Posted pics of himself usually wearin old Kewitt hardhat?
Ran handle of Pile Buck on a couple boards den came back after a while as CEP or some such? Real name Carl? Said he was on medical retirement from french kisin a flyin pad eye dat came loose from a barge deck and went swimmin?

/ What's happened to Shield Arc #117  
Fellow I tinkin of used to cut up wid Jack Storts from Connecticut and some other welders.
If he was Union his Local would know if he hung his hammer up. Most Locals publish list of Brothers gone on to next job.

/ What's happened to Shield Arc #118  
Lack of empathy is indicative of a personality disorder.

/ What's happened to Shield Arc #120  
I have met Carl in person a couple of times. He reached out to me out of the blue, and said... "bring your new welder over and spend a few hours". I reluctantly did (wanting not to be embarrassed), and he graciously spent an afternoon teaching me how to properly weld using my new MIG machine. Prior and only time I ever welded was 40 years ago using a stick machine, in a college engineering shop class. I learned a bunch and am grateful (too bad I couldn't have taken video of me being schooled).

I think he enjoyed playing with a new machine (to him) and seeing what it could do and how it compared to other machines. I think he likes challenge the welder, push past the welder spec max thickness, go hot as it can, and then do legit destructive joint testing.

I really appreciate his knowledge contributed here on TBN, and especially him wanting to personally help a newbie he didn't know from Adam. I'm sure a few others that met Carl in person could attest to his character as well. No softy... a serious no BS welder who worked on iconic structures here in the PNW, who unfortunately suffered from a serious bad accident at work that probably should have killed him. As the saying goes, when life serves you lemons, make lemonade. I think he leveraged that disability into donating his time to help others learn some of his trade.

Hearing people make wiseazz remarks about people they don't know... well... I think Terry summed it up best.

I am hoping Shield Arc is doing well and we hear from him soon! If not... I wish the best for him. And yes, you can call me a softy now.