What's happened to Shield Arc

/ What's happened to Shield Arc #31  
I haven't heard from him in a while either. I don't think I have a direct contact number for him anymore.

/ What's happened to Shield Arc #32  
I wish I could remember how to get to his place, only there one time, I would check up on him. I sent a personal awhile back and received no answer. Dragoneggs, do you remember ho to get there?

Ron
I don't. But I should be able to find his contact info. I will PM you if I do.

Last edited:
   / What's happened to Shield Arc #33  
Seeing as he's just a hobby welder he's probably on vacation! :)

/ What's happened to Shield Arc #34  
He is alive and well over at weldingweb.com. Goes by CEP. Still just a hobby welder there, too!:D

Surprising how many missed this post.

/ What's happened to Shield Arc #35  
The mystery is solved. Stopped by Carl's place today to see how he is. He has been sick and his old pile driving injury that almost killed him has been giving him trouble. He just hasn't felt like doing much with the medical situation. He appears to be well on the mend, tho it is obvious he has been sick. He was glad to see me and we visited for almost an hour out in his great shop. His wife was pleased we are taking an interest in him, said he now needs the social outlet as he continues to mend. He was happy that he is missed. I think we may hear from him soon on a post. His grandson has been practicing in his shop as he is learning the trade. Sure is obvious that grandpa is a good teacher from looking at his progress in welding coupons.

He said when I get around to buying my new welder he would be happy to coach me in learning MIG and TIG. I am looking at the multi purpose machines that are under $1K.

He lives only 4 miles from me.

Ron

Last edited:
   / What's happened to Shield Arc #37  
Hi guys, thanks for all the concerns! :thumbsup:
I just have not been feeling really well lately. As a lot of members here know I drove piling on the water. I worked from Alaska to Southern California. February of 1994 I was working on Bainbridge Island. Making a pick with the derrick, pad eye broke, the rigging blew through the safety latch on the hook of the crane, and hit me in the back. Drove me face first into the deck of the barge. Shattered my face! Then the rigging drug me off the barge into 35-feet of water. Helicopter ride to the trauma center in Seattle. Brain surgery, and neck surgery. Now I have 7-plates holding my forehead together. Missed 6-months work, went back to work as a non-working foreman, then I got promoted to superintendent. Worked 8-years after getting hurt, until my health got so bad I had to quite working. So, as you can imagine, I have a lot of health issues. But, hey I'm still here.

Silvic it does get old, being as I started welding school when I was 14-years old. And made a very good living as a welder.

I'm surprised how many missed this post (#11 in this thread), from the hobbyist himself. ;)

/ What's happened to Shield Arc #40  
We get addicted to experts here on TBN.

Remember "madreferee"? Excellent source for hydraulic information. Now I consider LD1 my go to source.

For wood construction I listen to Eddie Walker. He's a solid builder. Best thing about him is his blunt responses with no malice intent. I also listen to S219, hope I got his name right.

Shield Arc is the most talented metal worker I've ever had the privilege to "steal" information from. I read his posts multiple times to ensure I don't miss any details.