Is there any food you do not like?

/ Is there any food you do not like? #91  
There was a Chinese buffet not far from home we used to eat at, until one summer day a few years ago we were seated near an open back door.
Anyone who has cats knows what I saw was true: the white door frame was black up about 5" up a few inches. Cats rub their head leaving a grease spot.
At home I called animal control, asking if they had reports of missing cats from the sub division behind restaurant? "Yes...why do you ask?" I said curious and hung up.
I then called health department...lady said they would check it out and call me back. A week later no call...so I called her...she nervously said "oh...everything was ok, I gotta go". We rode by restaurant which was closed for business!
A friend works for health department in a nearby town. He said on an inspection of another Chinese restaurant he found 13 house cats in a freezer!
So...we haven't eaten Chinese since!

Yep, cashew kitty is pretty common on the Chinese menu.

/ Is there any food you do not like? #92  
There was a Chinese buffet not far from home we used to eat at, until one summer day a few years ago we were seated near an open back door.
Anyone who has cats knows what I saw was true: the white door frame was black up about 5" up a few inches. Cats rub their head leaving a grease spot.
At home I called animal control, asking if they had reports of missing cats from the sub division behind restaurant? "Yes...why do you ask?" I said curious and hung up.
I then called health department...lady said they would check it out and call me back. A week later no call...so I called her...she nervously said "oh...everything was ok, I gotta go". We rode by restaurant which was closed for business!
A friend works for health department in a nearby town. He said on an inspection of another Chinese restaurant he found 13 house cats in a freezer!
So...we haven't eaten Chinese since!

This makes me mad. I wish nothing but bad for those people.

MoKelly

/ Is there any food you do not like? #93  
Just dont start talking about eating big bivalves.

/ Is there any food you do not like? #94  
When in south america, a restaurant got caught using un-inspected Coatimundi, wasn't too bad, but never ate there again.
Don't care to eat bear, had someone who knew what he was doing, still a bit gamey.
In South Africa had lots of unusual game.
2 meats I did not particularly care for Crocodile and snake.

/ Is there any food you do not like? #95  
2 meats I did not particularly care for Crocodile and snake.

Alligator here in South Louisiana is very good. It's not as readily available as you might think, but still very good.

When I visited Australia several years ago, we had some kangaroo. It was okay, and was better when it was prepared by someone from South Louisiana who was on the trip with me, compared to how the local Aussie's prepared it.

I don't think I've ever had snake. I have tasted nutria sausage and didn't really care for it.

/ Is there any food you do not like? #96  
For dinner there are four of us - me, wife, daughter and son-in-law. It is challenge sometimes to prepare meals that are welcomed by everyone. Generally we like the same things but there are notable exceptions. My wife and I love mushrooms, but daughter and son-in-law can't stand them. There are other examples. So this led us into a discussion of why we like certain foods, dislike other food or why for some of us a seasoning on food is more powerful than for others, e.g., I can immediately know if a food has any pepper in it (I dislike pepper) but others can't even taste the pepper and my son-in-law really peppers his food - as did my grandmother.

As we discussed this we found that sometimes it was not the taste that turned us off to foods but the appearance. I love eggs in every form, but both daughters can't stand to even look at eggs with runny yokes, but they love scrambled eggs. I love tomatoes but daughter won't eat them because of the texture (squishy?) but has no problem with tomatoes in salsa, or sauce.

So many reasons I guess for our food preferences and not always about the taste. An interesting link:

Picky Eater? You Might Be a Supertaster -- Science of Us

/ Is there any food you do not like? #97  
but both daughters can't stand to even look at eggs with runny yokes, but they love scrambled eggs.

I am the same. I know it is not logical, but I can't stand the "sunny side up" thing. They really bother me. I eat scrambled eggs nearly every morning. I know... its crazy, but it is what it is. I really like mushrooms by the way. :) I love tomatoes, but loath hot tomato soup. Makes me want to puke. I will drink a cold V8 vegetable juice though. I might be a little mixed up on some things. :) I don't really like onions or pickles on my hamburger or any other way, but I am pretty happy to eat fried batter dipped onion rings. I don't like pickled anything. I guess it is the smell of vinegar. Can't stand it.

/ Is there any food you do not like? #98  
Alligator here in South Louisiana is very good. It's not as readily available as you might think, but still very good.

When I visited Australia several years ago, we had some kangaroo. It was okay, and was better when it was prepared by someone from South Louisiana who was on the trip with me, compared to how the local Aussie's prepared it.

I don't think I've ever had snake. I have tasted nutria sausage and didn't really care for it.
Louisiana cajun food is some of the best ever! I wouldn't have thought I would try alligator, snake, etc., but that cajun is delicious.

/ Is there any food you do not like? #99  
I like aggs cooked almost any way but I do shy away from sunny side up. I like them, it just that there is a bit more of a Salmonella risk that way.

/ Is there any food you do not like? #100  
Lima beans are at the top of my list of things to not eat. There aren't many other normal foods that I'll turn my nose up at. I've had beaver prepared a couple of different ways, it's OK but I won't go out of my way to enjoy it again. Eggs aren't my favorite, but I still eat them several times per week. They just need to have something mixed in for flavor. Funny thing about that, although I don't care for eggs I'm collecting up to a dozen per day from my hens right now.