Hauling tractor on U-haul car carrier trailer

/ Hauling tractor on U-haul car carrier trailer #21  
Several experiences with UHaul has taught me that reservations mean nothing, if someone else gets there first.

/ Hauling tractor on U-haul car carrier trailer #22  
I dont see why you dont simply rent a flat bed trailer from any equipment rental yard. Ive done it in the past before i broke down and bought one. I used to rent dusl axle tilt bed for $45 per day

/ Hauling tractor on U-haul car carrier trailer #23  
I dont see why you dont simply rent a flat bed trailer from any equipment rental yard. Ive done it in the past before i broke down and bought one. I used to rent dusl axle tilt bed for $45 per day

bet option of all.

/ Hauling tractor on U-haul car carrier trailer #24  
The U-haul worked for this;
IMG_0706.JPG

Dave

/ Hauling tractor on U-haul car carrier trailer #26  
   / Hauling tractor on U-haul car carrier trailer #27  
I am sure it did, but tractor wheel settings can be such that they will not fit in those tracks.
That is exactly why I could not use that type trailer.

I've narrowed and widened wheels on my tractors more times than I can count.

/ Hauling tractor on U-haul car carrier trailer #28  
I've narrowed and widened wheels on my tractors more times than I can count.

Moving 2 (or 4) loaded tractor tires for the OP's sized potential tractor around is easier said than done. Been there done that.

/ Hauling tractor on U-haul car carrier trailer #29  
Moving 2 (or 4) loaded tractor tires for the OP's sized potential tractor around is easier said than done. Been there done that.

Yup,...... moving the wheels around is relatively easy.
How do you do that when you are 450 miles from home, at the sellers location, and have no tools.

/ Hauling tractor on U-haul car carrier trailer #30  
Just measure the tractor to see if it will fit. I called the auction dealer in PA and had them measure the distance between the front and rear wheels on the tractor. Then I stopped by the U-Haul dealer and measured the trailer. Turns out my tractor fit the U-Haul trailer and we made the 12 hour round trip to go get it.