Hauling tractor on U-haul car carrier trailer

/ Hauling tractor on U-haul car carrier trailer #31  
Yup,...... moving the wheels around is relatively easy.
How do you do that when you are 450 miles from home, at the sellers location, and have no tools.

Just take some tools with you..... :rolleyes:

/ Hauling tractor on U-haul car carrier trailer #32  
We loaded it backwards to keep the majority of the weight on the hitch.

I backed the tractor off the trailer

Ahroo??
scooby-doo-cartoon.jpg

-------------------------------------

They've got some weird rules though:

"Must be equipped with a hard top if it is an SUV. U-Haul does not allow any type of sport-utility vehicle not equipped with a hard top to tow U-Haul equipment. "

Doesn't mention convertible cars like my Sebring. So, what's the difference?

/ Hauling tractor on U-haul car carrier trailer
The U-haul worked for this;
View attachment 684586

Dave

DAM i almost bought one of those back around 2010 or so. There was a place in Fayetteville Arkansas that sold them. I was visiting my sister and family and my brother-in-law took me by there to take a look at them. If i remember correct not to bad on prices but couldn't justify it at the time. Now I wish I would of.....

/ Hauling tractor on U-haul car carrier trailer #35  
I thought about doing the same thing due to a lack of available trailers for sale. I decided to wait until the trailer I ordered was built and ready for pickup. My experience with u-haul is that their equipment isn’t maintained very well.

-Chris

/ Hauling tractor on U-haul car carrier trailer #36  
I thought about doing the same thing due to a lack of available trailers for sale. I decided to wait until the trailer I ordered was built and ready for pickup. My experience with u-haul is that their equipment isn’t maintained very well.

-Chris

VERY TRUE!

/ Hauling tractor on U-haul car carrier trailer #37  
Ahroo??
scooby-doo-cartoon.jpg

-------------------------------------

They've got some weird rules though:

"Must be equipped with a hard top if it is an SUV. U-Haul does not allow any type of sport-utility vehicle not equipped with a hard top to tow U-Haul equipment. "

Doesn't mention convertible cars like my Sebring. So, what's the difference?
Too many people towing with a Jeep Wrangler or other short wheelbase vehicle, flipping it and getting hurt, then sueing UHaul.
They would for a time not rent to anyone towing with a Ford Explorer (around the time of the Firestone tire recall).

Aaron Z

/ Hauling tractor on U-haul car carrier trailer #38  
Too many people towing with a Jeep Wrangler or other short wheelbase vehicle, flipping it and getting hurt, then sueing UHaul.
They would for a time not rent to anyone towing with a Ford Explorer (around the time of the Firestone tire recall).

Aaron Z
How long has it been since I said half the problems we encounter are caused by lawyers? Well that's too long so I said it again.

/ Hauling tractor on U-haul car carrier trailer #39  
I used to tow my tractor with a 3 door 1994 Mitsubishi Pajero (Montero in the US). Never once had any issues with it at all. Always very stable and straight going down the road.

It comes down to people using the brain a little bit more and have a bit of common sense when loading the trailers up.

I have upgraded to a newer 2010 pickup truck a couple months ago, but haven't towed the tractor or anything heavy to get a comparison versus the old setup.

That's a 3750 lbs tractor plus a 400 lbs mower on a 1300 lbs trailer.

IMG_20180721_163851.jpg