Hersheyfarm

Veteran Member
Good weld?

Attachments

• F49C3F0D-6E18-444D-AADF-47085F598236.jpeg
    F49C3F0D-6E18-444D-AADF-47085F598236.jpeg
    257.4 KB · Views: 538
   / Good weld? #2  
Probably good enough. looks like you could have gotten a little more comfy before pulling the trigger. Couple spots were hurried a bit is all.

/ Good weld? #3  
Is that a pallet fork moldboard?

/ Good weld? #4  
None of the weldor(s) I know, consider any weld that doesn't look good, to be a "good weld".

For most of us however, a weld that will hold, is a "good weld".

That weld looks like it will hold.

A little grinding, perhaps some filler, and some paint, it can be a perfect weld. :D

I make lots of those. :laughing:

/ Good weld? #5  
My motto is a good weld isn't always pretty and a pretty weld isn't always good. That's primarily because I'm not a very pretty welder but they sure do hold. But sometimes I do surprise myself.

/ Good weld? #6  
Most of my welds are Gorilla welds, ugly, but tough.

/ Good weld? #7  
With that much of it it will hold fine. 2 inches per side would probably hold. The rest is for good measure. Do you happen to be making a set of excavator pallet forks? I think that would be pretty useful. IMG_9399.JPG

/ Good weld?
No, this is a pic from everything attachment. I’ve been in the market for a grapple for my track loader. They are very expensive compared to other grapples by 2.5 times. They post pics of welds and I could only imagine they’re good. But this just looks very uneven to me as you look down the seam.

I find myself just looking at welds on things anymore.

/ Good weld?
With that much of it it will hold fine. 2 inches per side would probably hold. The rest is for good measure. Do you happen to be making a set of excavator pallet forks? I think that would be pretty useful. View attachment 684630

I’ve got the adapters but I am thinking I’m going to use them on roll bale forks.

/ Good weld? #10  
Te problem with a company that sells things like attachments or trailers is that they aren't going to higher a certified welder with 20 years experience. They just can't afford to. Add to the mix that they are most likely under a time crunch. When I was inspecting welds on steam pipes the guy doing the welding was making a great living nor was under no pressure to get "X" number of pipes welded in a shift. The only requirement was that I certified the weld. That meant they focused on quality. Since all they did was weld they took great pride in their work. I have to believe a guy working at an attachment factory is doing more than just welding so it's more of just one step in the process. If nobody is complaining about welds failing they are going to assume that the work is satisfactory.