Good weld?

/ Good weld? #12  
No, this is a pic from everything attachment. I致e been in the market for a grapple for my track loader. They are very expensive compared to other grapples by 2.5 times. They post pics of welds and I could only imagine theyæ±*e good. But this just looks very uneven to me as you look down the seam.

I find myself just looking at welds on things anymore.

Do you have a link for that? I'm pretty shocked Ted would put that up for the public to look at, I've got several EA attachments and none have a weld that looks anything like that.

/ Good weld?
Do you have a link for that? I'm pretty shocked Ted would put that up for the public to look at, I've got several EA attachments and none have a weld that looks anything like that.

Just go to the attachment forum and click on the sticky ea post. It痴 on the last page in a group of pics from everythingattachment.

/ Good weld? #14  
Just go to the attachment forum and click on the sticky ea post. Itç—´ on the last page in a group of pics from everythingattachment.

Wow. I didn't comment. That's not what I would have expected out of their shop.

Not sure if there's a way to tag them @ EverythingAttachments

/ Good weld?
My position is they toot their own horn about being so good and why theyre so expensive. I’ve watched their videos and looked through their pics and haven’t been impressed with “visual” quality of welds. I can only imagine the welds are plenty strong, but they started the conversation on quality.
For the same money I will probably go with Bradco. Not made my mind up. Also checking out mti.

/ Good weld? #17  
My position is they toot their own horn about being so good and why theyre so expensive. I’ve watched their videos and looked through their pics and haven’t been impressed with “visual” quality of welds. I can only imagine the welds are plenty strong, but they started the conversation on quality.
For the same money I will probably go with Bradco. Not made my mind up. Also checking out mti.

I've got a grapple, rake, and disks from them. My grapple will still grab a sheet of paper between all the teeth, the tolerances are quite amazing to me. I have no welds that look like the one in that picture on any of my pieces from them. It is troubling to see that, especially in their thread promoting their product. I weld better than that...most of the time...and I'm self taught off youtube videos.

/ Good weld?
Being 11 weeks behind probably doesn’t help.

/ Good weld? #20  
Many manufacturers only stitch weld those rails.

It could've been welded by a newer, yet still experienced welder here, but, to his defense, the Hardox AR450 material, which is far superior in strength and abrasion resistance to anything else used in the industry, does require more starting and stopping, to prevent bowing, rather than keeping it full blast all the way across.

Also, if you'll notice, that the bead gets fatter, and then thins out at the notches, to avoid interference with the tine locking(which would really throw down and oh :censored: flag).

I have never ever ever seen a failed weld on EA pallet forks. Ever, and I doubt we ever will.

I have, however, seen some other brands fail, due to poor and/or stitch welding..

1.jpg

I hope this helps to explain.
Travis