Snow Equipment Owning/Operating Pictures of your snow weapons

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #6,152  
Here is my BX25D with B2160 plow adapted to the loader with a Ai2 blank plate. I've also got a BX2755HD front mount snowblower and an Ariens gas/push machine.

IMG_4149.JPG

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #6,153  
Here is my set-up. Front Mount w/rear blade.

But I do have flexibility. I also have a 3PH Rear Blower and a Front mount Blade.

Whichever way I want to use it.

The amount of snow here in Maryland doesn't call for a blower often, so for the next one, I may try out the front mount blade.

Nice selection of equipment!
Looks like you have snowblowerskids.com shoes on your blower?
Any trouble keeping the bolts tight to hold their adjustment?
Thanks! Good Luck!

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #6,155  
DSC00275.JPG

This ten foot fixed V blade isn't EXACTLY working as intended. Well it did the first time. Now it seems the blade rides up slightly on the banks and leaves too much snow in the roadway for the Mule.

I was intending the rebuild the frame anyway. So now I wonder if some weight or a method of applying down pressure is the answer.

The banks are higher than the wings. The only way to overcome that is SPEED, to throw the snow up over the banks, but weight and/or down pressure might limit that.

I ended up having to blow the worst spots, which was never the plan.

Last edited:
   / Pictures of your snow weapons #6,156  
We received a measly 4 inches of super dry snow overnight. Wasn’t even going to bother moving it but there predicting snow for next 2 days. So hooked up plow and pushed it aside. Ground was not conducive to use blower cause all previous snow melted off. Dirt and rocks abound.

Also supposed to reach 40f by this weekend. Time for mush piles.

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #6,157  
Ten foot blade on loader arms at speed. Hold my beer!!!!!!!!!!!! Hook up a Go Pro for the event. I see bad things happening. Just my opinion.

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #6,158  
I was messing about at a neighbors in undulating terrain and had the thing try and upend itself at slow speed, but I quickly got on the clutch.

Operating at speed, standing on the platform to see the blade tip, and control height is quite a rush. It does limit your ability to react quite as quickly though. You could flip the Left hand reverser in Neutral I guess, but the brakes wouldn't be quickly at hand. I guess it largely a case of knowing your terrain. I certainly wouldn't do it in unknown territory.

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #6,159  
Way more adventurous than I am. Keep us in the loop. Aroud here, you can sometimes drive on the drifts.

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #6,160  
Should be all set for Tuesday and Friday storm...come March.

Well Tuesday didn't go to plan. We were all ready for 10 to 12 inches of heavy snow. Instead we got 4" of concrete mix followed by a little rain and drizzle. But it felt like 10 to 12 moving it. Wonder what Friday will bring. Our weather man is struggling more than normal this year.

gg