2015 Yukon XL

/ 2015 Yukon XL #21  
My 1997 GMC 2500 Suburban has the 454V-8 (7.4L).
It will tow ANYTHING!
It has only 130K, and is stored in my barn now,... because I have no use for it.
Can't quite bear to sell it yet though.
Maybe E-Bay this Summer ???

I think MossRoad wants it....

/ 2015 Yukon XL #22  
   / 2015 Yukon XL #23  
We purchased a 2020 GMC Yukon Denali in dec 2020 with the 6.2 motor & 10 speed tranny.It has a lot of power(420 HP) the 10 speed shifts real smooth.Our first GM purchase since our 2005 Buick lesabre..

/ 2015 Yukon XL #24  
He did say that.
When I decide to sell, I will let him know when I have it posted on E-Bay

A good 2500 suburban is about like unicorns. I’m not a Ford guy but I ended up buying an excursion for that reason. I also think the Ford transmission is stronger than a 4l80e Chevy transmission. The Ford v10 is no doubt stronger than a 6.0 or 5.3 but those are better motors IMO. A 6.0 will run dang near forever and is pretty resistant to the wrong oil or being run low. Just to be clear I’m talking about a Chevy 6.0 gas burner not the pile of crap Ford 6.0 diesel.

/ 2015 Yukon XL #25  
The Mrs. & I bought an '04 Yukon XL K2500 Quad-steer.
What a beast that thing was.
It had the 6.0. Which lead us to finally have to rid ourselves of it.
Mileage when towing wasn't bad @ 8-10 but just driving around was rough on the wallet.
It's been gone for so long, that I forget the actual combined mileage but it was rough.
What was absolutely phenomenal was that Quad-steer.
When towing you guys know what it's like to make a U-Turn.
With this thing I personally could turn with a load of horses with ANY Honda civic.
Some days I really wish I had that thing back but Naw!
It was too expensive and we got rid of all our trucks & trailers after the last chick flew the nest.

/ 2015 Yukon XL #26  
The Mrs. & I bought an '04 Yukon XL K2500 Quad-steer.
What a beast that thing was.
It had the 6.0. Which lead us to finally have to rid ourselves of it.
Mileage when towing wasn't bad @ 8-10 but just driving around was rough on the wallet.
It's been gone for so long, that I forget the actual combined mileage but it was rough.
What was absolutely phenomenal was that Quad-steer.
When towing you guys know what it's like to make a U-Turn.
With this thing I personally could turn with a load of horses with ANY Honda civic.
Some days I really wish I had that thing back but Naw!
It was too expensive and we got rid of all our trucks & trailers after the last chick flew the nest.
Times have changed we average 17.2 mpg,s city/highway and 22.0 mpg.on the highway with our 2020 Yukon with the 6.2 motor & 10 speed tranny.

/ 2015 Yukon XL #27  
My 1997 GMC 2500 Suburban has the 454V-8 (7.4L).
It will tow ANYTHING!
It has only 130K, and is stored in my barn now,... because I have no use for it.
Can't quite bear to sell it yet though.
Maybe E-Bay this Summer ???

How about M-Bay? :laughing:

/ 2015 Yukon XL #28  
Have you seen that done Moss ? Just wondering how that top cleaner gets administered.....

Rgds, D.

I have not seen it done. There's a hose you pull off and pour the stuff in gradually, from what I recall. I'm due for an oil change soon and I'm gonna see if he'll do it.

/ 2015 Yukon XL #29  
How about M-Bay? :laughing:

E-Bay is fun to watch with a 10 day auction.
Could be a feeding frenzy......I hope!
Besides, South Bend is quite far away for M-Bay.
Although......my 1986 GMC Jimmy 6.2 diesel, did sell to a buyer in the Bahamas, with yet another bidder in Germany.

/ 2015 Yukon XL #30  
E-Bay is fun to watch with a 10 day auction.
Could be a feeding frenzy......I hope!
Besides, South Bend is quite far away for M-Bay.
Although......my 1986 GMC Jimmy 6.2 diesel, did sell to a buyer in the Bahamas, with yet another bidder in Germany.

Yep. You could get way more than you want on E-bay. M-bay will have a set price in mind and stick to it. ;) I say get as much as you can for it when you decide to let it go. :thumbsup: