Texas Fall/Winter thread!

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #8,261  
We don't usually start our seeds until Good Friday, which is end of March/start of April. Last freeze is usually April 15 and last frost May 15, although it's pretty unpredictable. In the 24 years we've lived in our current house, I've had exactly 3 years where the grapes didn't freeze or frost. Early thaws then late frosts. Grrrr...

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #8,262  
Thanks Muhammad. We change to our spring/summer thread in 20 days. Hopefully it will get back to talking about rainfall or lack there of.
hugs, Brandi

First day of spring .. we just leave, lock the agitators inside, and listen to them whine to themselves .. in 100° heat.

The TEXAS Fall / Winter thread .. is NOT air conditioned.

IMG_0793.GIF

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #8,263  
American Models say Spring has sprung Euro models not so fast. Only time will tell

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #8,264  
American Models say Spring has sprung Euro models not so fast. Only time will tell
So, how accurate are the Euro models? I have onions and potatoes that are wanting to go in the warm ground.

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #8,265  
Don European this year not as good as in the past GFS aweful. Different models within the subset do different things. These are two weeks to 30 days out. The Euro models showed your cold air blitz about two weeks or so in advance but they blew it for the east coast

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #8,266  
Here in my part of Kansas, I wait for Saint Patrick to bless my potatoes..i.e. March 17th.. peas and onions too.
The garden is waiting and ready
002.JPG

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #8,267  
Nice looking garden oldballs

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #8,268  
Here in my part of Kansas, I wait for Saint Patrick to bless my potatoes..i.e. March 17th.. peas and onions too.
The garden is waiting and ready.
The central Texas potato planting day is President's Day. This year PD was a tad early and the day after was zero. However the next week the temp was 80˚F. My cut potatoes are still hardening after a dusting of sulphur. I usually keep a bale of alfalfa hay by the garden and cover them if frost is imminent after they sprout.

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #8,269  
Okay that's enough for the political side of this topic. I'd rather not have to hack up or close this thread after 8k replies.
A certain forum moderator fueled the political controversy as he has in other threads in the past. He is the only moderator i have ever observed who does so. Other members have mentioned his antics also. Most members have been very restrained regarding the inherent politics of this topic here in this thread.

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #8,270  
Today .. we celebrate Texas Independence Day.