TODAY'S GUN TIME

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #7,051  
One reason why we took the option on the extra land with our place had 3 big factors when we took that option for the extra land

1 - No one would build around us, particularly in the "back yard".

2 - 2 extra open fields surrounded by woods (on the house side of the creek), each fied having at least 100 yards if I wanted to build something for shooting. The pic with the stand I posted is on the away side of the creek from the house.

3 - Everyone told me they aren't making land anymore, and I would kick myself if I didn't take all the property.
Yep!! You can always build more house, you cant build more land! (Although I did here!)

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #7,052  
Complete agree. The issue is you have no clue about range safety when you don't have full time RO's.

Take out the guy with the 10/22 with the 30 round mag dumps with the weird laugh (I will always remember that one, and that was at the now closed outdoor range that isn't too far from my own home now), and it seems the basic concept of keeping a guns barrel pointed in a safe direction when the gun isn't in your hands is lost on a lot of people.

Funny though, the other year at the annual christmas party where we shoot guns at a buddies place, I found the "shot gun guys" shooting clays kind of scared me with all the guys with loaded guns in their hands behind the shooter. At the rifle and handgun range, the only people with guns in their hands were the ones shooting, and that's the way I prefer it.
And that's the way it should be.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #7,053  
Only been to one gun range private very strict safety rules in place but that was 48 years ago

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #7,054  
Map showing public access land.

public-access-map.jpg

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #7,055  
Only been to one gun range private very strict safety rules in place but that was 48 years ago
Think about this, if you are at a paid private range, the reality is you can open your business up to liability issues due to stupid people with guns.

From what I remember, always had to sign some kind of liability clause when shooting at a private range.

I'd guess state land public shooting ranges are not responsible for the stupidity of others if by chance an idiot accidentally shoots you. I honestly don't know.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #7,058  
That's what I find about the east coast. Unless your luck to have a old farmers field to play with somewhat flat, it get's hard.

To put it in perspective, and old pic probably from Utah probably getting lost

View attachment 689148

Love Utah, especially southern Utah. Its an amazing place. So much to see and so vast. I could live there so easily. The hay is so perfectly green and dry. Cars never rust. Open range, buttes, arches..... the dryest, cleanest air. Just perfect.
Thanks for posting that picture.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #7,059  
Love Utah, especially southern Utah. Its an amazing place. So much to see and so vast. I could live there so easily.
Agreed.

After my mom died, and I made arrangements for me and my dad to go out (I always use to go out there and then my parents started making vacations on where I'd tell them I loved to visit).

In the meantime prior to my father and I going out to Utah, met a girl, invited her out with my father and I, turned out my dad like the girl better than me, so I married her.

House, land, work, volunteer work and then kids have stopped us from being able to make the time to go back out (when I was single, I'd take 2-4 weeks off to go out west, now no longer can do that LOL).

Thing is, I love Idaho, Montana and some parts of New Mexico, Arizona and Colorado just as much.

My wife and I decided that when we retire, we'll probably move somewhere out there. Perhaps the kids will be lucky because my wife tells me there is no way I'm taking all my guns with us LOL They(boys) still need to hit 21 before I put them on the trust for the NFA items as well.

I took one pic shooting on BLM land because I thought it was so cool. Can't find it. Back then, actually had a SLR camera, and phones weren't known for taking hreat pictures.

Gone are the days of taking vacation and sending in your film to be deleloped when you got back for pictures.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #7,060  
Just bought a Henry 22LR Lever gun, in Blued/black from Bass Pro. Can pick up in 5 days. I almost didn't, but on way out of the store, decided to go back and buy it. It has the narrow dove tail scope rail. If I want to add a low power scope (not sure yet), any 22 rings work, or is it a Henry specific dove tail? Price was $349, which isn't horrible.