TODAY'S GUN TIME

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #7,071  
I didn’t know that about Florida.

Not good.

In Missouri, you buy a gun (rifle or pistol), fill out the form and the FBI check occurs on the spot.

You leave with the gun.

MoKelly
Should be “leave the gun, take the cannolis“

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #7,073  
Yep!! You can always build more house, you cant build more land! (Although I did here!)
We did, too! We filled in half of our pond to add a little over a 1/4 acre of "new land," part of which will be part of my new 100 yard range.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #7,074  
I thought about filling in an acre or so of pond, but where I'd put a 200yd berm/target I could just shoot over the water now. Well, if that island weren't in the way.

So last week I cut six trees from the island and painted the stumps to see better beyond it. That said, it'd be a long way to run targets if I have to take the road around the water.

I have a 60yd berm for pistols and 100 yd for rifles now, but I don't hunt with HGs.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #7,075  
Was out shooting my Stevens #16 Crackshot this past weekend. Got to love 100+ year old guns....

Attachments

• 20210306_122731_resized.jpg
    20210306_122731_resized.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 67
  • 20210224_172824_resized.jpg
    20210224_172824_resized.jpg
    778.1 KB · Views: 69
   / TODAY'S GUN TIME #7,076  
I thought about filling in an acre or so of pond, but where I'd put a 200yd berm/target I could just shoot over the water now. Well, if that island weren't in the way.

So last week I cut six trees from the island and painted the stumps to see better beyond it. That said, it'd be a long way to run targets if I have to take the road around the water.

I have a 60yd berm for pistols and 100 yd for rifles now, but I don't hunt with HGs.
Buy a motor boat!

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #7,077  
HD, I have a 14' rowboat, a 15' canoe, and a 'wide' 10ft jon-boat, but they're slow. 😄

Actually, it's just a bit further a hop from either deck in the EZ-GO to a berm or to one of the locations I can set up the 8" gong or whatever on a far shore. The fewest steps wins with my knees. I could use a better spotting scope, but I spend too much on NV & thermal optics. (duh, jonboy)

Two trigger jobs coming up within a week. Got my first look at Nephew's 10" AR Pistol and it will be one of them, on the same make lower I did one last Sept. $11 spring kit & polish trigger face to mirror shine w/hard Arkansas stone will get him < 3 1/2 lb. At least this sear is square like Bill's and and I won't have to touch it either.

Big turnoff for me with the pistol is fore-end covers the gas block vs 'up to' it and no M-4 feed ramps. I'd want the 2 1/2" or so shorter fore-end to add an adjustable gas block. He showed up with XM-855 Green Tips but I don't know if that's best. We didn't shoot any. Owner's manual that came with RGuns is "Colt Sporter Rifles" (C) 1994. Same stuff.

Sold a .22 LR Marlin 995SS today and nephew wants a deer rifle. Pretty good gun time for not firing a shot. (Well 2 .22 RFs at 07:35 to spook two gees off the ice. No aim, the noise was enough.)

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #7,078  
Just sold an 8 pound jug of Varget to a buddy's cousin. I got 380 bucks for an 8 pounder, paid 135 bucks when I bought it and I still have a couple 8's and 5 1's left plus 24 pounds of H1000 and a few other 8 pounders. Also sold 500 .223 55 grain Hornady spire point boat tails in fully prepped and annealed Lake city brass for 85 cents a pop and I bet I have 2000 at least plus bullets, brass and primers on hand to build another 2000.

I have bricks of Federal primers in all flavors including the very hard to get Federal large Rifle magnum match 215 primers.

I bought all of it back when it was readily available. never considered selling anything but I have gobs more than I'll ever use so why not, especially when I can triple my cost.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #7,079  
I found a 12 gauge over and under at WalMart the other day and told the counter man, I wanted to buy it. A lady standing beside me wanted to buy two guns. The counter man, seemingly from another department, said no guns could be sold without two managers present and they'd gone home. After going home myself and thinking it over, I changed my mind about the purchase. The lady was from out of town, she seemed to be some kind of dealer.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME
#7,080  
Wanna buy my first shotgun. Primarily for home defense. Thoughts?