TODAY'S GUN TIME

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #7,061  
Sorry, don't have an answer for you on the rings, but did pick up a Henry for my one boy in .357, and we both like the gun a lot. Accurate enough with the irons for us. Seems very well made.

They have to order it in for you? Just wondering about the 5 day lead time.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #7,062  
Had to laugh, looking at the going rate on a henry .22 and came across this...

COLT.png

Nah, nothing looks funky about the bid history other than the guys not certain what they're doing, but if they have that kind of money, would think they know how to play...

C.png

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #7,063  
Sorry, don't have an answer for you on the rings, but did pick up a Henry for my one boy in .357, and we both like the gun a lot. Accurate enough with the irons for us. Seems very well made.

They have to order it in for you? Just wondering about the 5 day lead time.
Background check and 5 day wait. The county i bought it in has 5 day wait for any firearms. I've heard people have fought about it, but its still in place. I am not a CCW holder but Academy and some gun shops run your "firearms safety cert #" on your hunting license, but others are sketched out about that. Truthfully, most big box make Very little $$$ per fire arm sale, and they try to be careful.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #7,064  
Agreed.

After my mom died, and I made arrangements for me and my dad to go out (I always use to go out there and then my parents started making vacations on where I'd tell them I loved to visit).

In the meantime prior to my father and I going out to Utah, met a girl, invited her out with my father and I, turned out my dad like the girl better than me, so I married her.

House, land, work, volunteer work and then kids have stopped us from being able to make the time to go back out (when I was single, I'd take 2-4 weeks off to go out west, now no longer can do that LOL).

Thing is, I love Idaho, Montana and some parts of New Mexico, Arizona and Colorado just as much.

My wife and I decided that when we retire, we'll probably move somewhere out there. Perhaps the kids will be lucky because my wife tells me there is no way I'm taking all my guns with us LOL They(boys) still need to hit 21 before I put them on the trust for the NFA items as well.

I took one pic shooting on BLM land because I thought it was so cool. Can't find it. Back then, actually had a SLR camera, and phones weren't known for taking hreat pictures.

Gone are the days of taking vacation and sending in your film to be deleloped when you got back for pictures.

We love Springdale

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #7,065  
Background check and 5 day wait. The county i bought it in has 5 day wait for any firearms.

I didn’t know that about Florida.

Not good.

In Missouri, you buy a gun (rifle or pistol), fill out the form and the FBI check occurs on the spot.

You leave with the gun.

MoKelly

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #7,066  
I didn’t know that about Florida.

Not good.

In Missouri, you buy a gun (rifle or pistol), fill out the form and the FBI check occurs on the spot.

You leave with the gun.

MoKelly
MoKelly,
I live in Northeast Florida, have a CCW, and when I buy or transfer a gun into Florida, I walk in, fill out the form, wait for the background check (usually 20-30 minutes) and walk out with the firearm. The CCW helps, and is easy enough to acquire for law abiding citizens.
David from jax

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #7,067  
MoKelly,
I live in Northeast Florida, have a CCW, and when I buy or transfer a gun into Florida, I walk in, fill out the form, wait for the background check (usually 20-30 minutes) and walk out with the firearm. The CCW helps, and is easy enough to acquire for law abiding citizens.
David from jax
It's a 3 day wait in the whole state, except the county I bought it in, which happens to have almost 33% of its population at the major college, probably another 15% work there, so you can guess the 'lean' of it.

As shown below, valid Fl hunters safety certicate counts on long guns, but im guessing 95% of salesmen don't know, and they get weird when you try to tell them. Its like doing Online transfer from seller (non FFL) to your FFL. Most of my local FFLs won't do it, even though 100% legal. As one explained to me, if Anything seems off, I'm not risking 10 years in jail for $25 transfer fee.View attachment 689242

Last edited:
   / TODAY'S GUN TIME #7,069  
It's a 3 day wait in the whole state, except the county I bought it in, which happens to have almost 33% of its population at the major college, probably another 15% work there, so you can guess the 'lean' of it.

As shown below, valid Fl hunters safety certicate counts on long guns, but im guessing 95% of salesmen don't know, and they get weird when you try to tell them. Its like doing Online transfer from seller (non FFL) to your FFL. Most of my local FFLs won't do it, even though 100% legal. As one explained to me, if Anything seems off, I'm not risking 10 years in jail for $25 transfer fee.View attachment 689242
I found an FFL over in the panhandle who would do individual to FFL transfers in the case I needed one, and then just last week I stumbled over one right in the county next door about 3 miles from the one I have been using for the last year! The first gun will leave AZ today heading for Florida to see how he does! I spent a whole morning calling around trying to find one a couple months ago with no takers! Wish me luck!
David from jax

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #7,070  
I'm going off of the first year I moved down per my memory, as I had a lot going on with my mom passing and relocating, so I may not be 100% accurate as I've had my carry permit for close to 20 years in NC.

With a carry permit in NC, walk in for the gun, fill out paperwork, they copy DL and carry permit, you walk out with the gun. Same for all FFL transfers for a private sale shipped out of state.

No CC permit, generally you have to go to the sheriffs office and pay for a pistol permit that allows you buy one gun per permit. Want to buy 3 guns, need to get 3 pistol permits. The issue with the permits from what I gather is it all depends on how well the Sheriffs office in each county wants to work with you, and how many hoops you have to jump through when you buy your permit. I've heard horror stories with the departments around Raleigh. They can't legally not give you the permit as long as your legally permitted to buy a gun, but they can make the time and wait longer by bring pricks.

The above applies to hand guns and FFL transfers (all guns on transfers). For long guns, all you need is a current valid NC drivers license along with passing the background check when you fill out the paperwork that day for a rifle.

In state NC residents can do a private face to face sale technically with no paperwork or carry permit, but I will require to see a carry permit before I sell a gun to someone I don't know (as well as verifying DL along with a bill of sale to cover my own butt). Each private seller may have his own set of standards.