L3400/2800 suspension seat...

/ L3400/2800 suspension seat... #71  
Update on my seat... Last year I had to insert a bolt to replace a metal rod that broke. First it was one side that broke and I had half ass fixed that, then the other side broke. So I put a bolt through it all. Using your photo to show the broken rod location... I guess I should lose weight but it's more fun fixing crap that breaks!! :D

Lose weight?!? Then you'd have to add more rear ballast! :biggrin::pizza:

These seat suspensions really are surprisingly good when they work. A new bolt beats $190 for a new suspension.

/ L3400/2800 suspension seat... #73  
Just discovered this thread. Like so many others, I had messed with that T knob many times, without any noticed effect. Now I know. That seat is going into the shop tomorrow, and not going back to the barn and the tractor until it bounces! Thanks, TbN, for yet another bit of knowledge to improve tractor ownership/operation.

/ L3400/2800 suspension seat... #74  
Just discovered this thread. Like so many others, I had messed with that T knob many times, without any noticed effect. Now I know. That seat is going into the shop tomorrow, and not going back to the barn and the tractor until it bounces! Thanks, TbN, for yet another bit of knowledge to improve tractor ownership/operation.
Good deal, Varmint -- let us know how it turned out!

/ L3400/2800 suspension seat... #75  
When I checked, I discovered I had tightened the control too much. With it properly adjusted, and the seat bearing points lubed, it works like a charm. (I had tried adjusting the control before, but not enough, it turned out- the previous owner must have been a big guy, unlike me.)

/ L3400/2800 suspension seat... #76  
When I checked, I discovered I had tightened the control too much. With it properly adjusted, and the seat bearing points lubed, it works like a charm. (I had tried adjusting the control before, but not enough, it turned out- the previous owner must have been a big guy, unlike me.)
Fantastic! Your back is thanking you.