Ordered a set of R14’s for the BX

/ Ordered a set of R14’s for the BX #11  
^^^^
PICS!!!!

Can't wait to see them!

Mike

/ Ordered a set of R14’s for the BX
I’ll get them mounted on the BX tomorrow, but I’m surprised at how much taller they are than stock, despite the same size designation. With my last BX2660, I had both turfs and R4’s, and the R4’s were noticeably smaller in diameter than the turfs.

Only thing I’m not happy about with these R14’s is the rim bead sticks out past the face of the tire by 1/4”. And yes, I know the front R14 is on the wrong side...

IMG_6557.jpg

IMG_6558.jpg

IMG_6559.jpg

IMG_6560.jpg

IMG_6561.jpg

IMG_6562.jpg

/ Ordered a set of R14’s for the BX #13  
^^^^
They look really good. That’s surprising the rim sticks out further than the tire..interesting...

Can’t wait to see them mounted!

Mike

/ Ordered a set of R14’s for the BX #14  
I will be interested in how work when mowing your yard. My BX2230 will become more used on dirt, in the woods and less on lawns. The R14s look tougher in the woods where I worry about little stumps puncturing the turf tires. Keep us posted. Thanks, Jon

I will be interested in how work when mowing your yard. My BX2230 will become more used on dirt, in the woods and less on lawns. The R14s look tougher in the woods where I worry about little stumps puncturing the turf tires. Keep us posted. Thanks, Jon

Here you go!

IMG_6568.jpg

IMG_6569.jpg

IMG_6570.jpg

IMG_6567.jpg

IMG_6566.jpg

/ Ordered a set of R14’s for the BX #16  
Keep us posted on your feelings. Does not look like any issues with clearance. From your previous pictures, they definitely looked larger. Notice any height increase stepping into/onto tractor? Thanks, Jon

/ Ordered a set of R14’s for the BX #17  
Thanks for posting pics! Looks awesome! Please post your impressions/comparison when you get some seat time.

Mike

/ Ordered a set of R14’s for the BX #18  

I have R14’s on my B2601 (and incoming L2501). They have offered tons of traction in all my applications. Great traction on steep hills and also in snow. I really like them. However, in wet turf, you have to be careful, they’ll leave some impressions and marks in the soil if you’re not careful

So the outer bead on the front tires sticks out, while the outer bead on the rear tires is no worse than the turfs I replaced.
The R14’s are substantially heavier than the turfs, and on my asphalt driveway, you feel the rumble. It’s not bad, but certainly not like smooth turfs.
I have not noticed any issues tearing up the lawn, and my son drove my nephew around for about an hour.
The fronts and rears hold 10-12 pounds more air than the turfs, so I suspect that they will be much better for loader work.
I’ll keep reporting as I get more seat time. Looking forward (not really) to using in the snow coming Monday.

/ Ordered a set of R14’s for the BX #20  
^^^^
Nothing surprising there. I’m interested in your feedback regarding the snow and loader work.

Mike