Texas Fall/Winter thread!

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread!
#8,291  
I hope we get an inch or more, we are dry! 70% chance tonight so fingers crossed. Trees are starting to turn, you can see the green hue and my plums are now flowered about 50%

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #8,292  
6 days ..16 hours .......

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #8,293  
We got our electric bill, and it was a little bit high at $295. I told the wife that I was glad the power was off half the time.

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #8,294  
We got our electric bill, and it was a little bit high at $295. I told the wife that I was glad the power was off half the time.

The gas heat (propane) side of one of our three units was struggling to keep up even after temps came back up. Our HVAC guy checked it out and said a limit switch had tripped, cutting to "half power".

He told me that if power goes out, when furnace is running, very likely it will trip the limit switch. During the cold weather we had rolling blackouts, 7-8 time a day for three days .. so I'm not surprised. But .. I know how to reset it myself now.

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #8,295  
I'm glad to see that the Texas Legislature will, once again, consider abolishing Daylight Savings Time. I do hope they actually get it done this time. The entire country needs to do so.

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #8,296  
Today .. we celebrate Texas Independence Day.

If we could all think of our home states the way Texans do......
My state, Pennsylvania, no longer resembles its former self. PA was a very significant state in the formation of our union. So many significant people, inventions and events came from PA, yet there is no state pride so to speak of. We are mostly only led to believe we should be ashamed of what happened here.
We have lost so much in PA in the last 50 years......so many factories, cities, railroads laid to waste..... As a child, I remember so many things that are now just bulldozed over piles of rubble and weeds.
I keep asking myself why we can’t regain out pride, our strength, our industrial might. Our leadership has failed us.
Texas however, is one place where I think there’s a beacon of light. A place where people are somewhat United and have pride in who they are. They are not ashamed of themselves. I applaud you guys in Texas. Sounds like a great way and place to live.

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #8,297  
If we could all think of our home states the way Texans do......
My state, Pennsylvania, no longer resembles its former self. PA was a very significant state in the formation of our union. So many significant people, inventions and events came from PA, yet there is no state pride so to speak of. We are mostly only led to believe we should be ashamed of what happened here.
We have lost so much in PA in the last 50 years......so many factories, cities, railroads laid to waste..... As a child, I remember so many things that are now just bulldozed over piles of rubble and weeds.
I keep asking myself why we can’t regain out pride, our strength, our industrial might. Our leadership has failed us.
Texas however, is one place where I think there’s a beacon of light. A place where people are somewhat United and have pride in who they are. They are not ashamed of themselves. I applaud you guys in Texas. Sounds like a great way and place to live.

Careful! The Texas haters will slither out of their holes .. to condemn you.

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #8,298  
I'm glad to see that the Texas Legislature will, once again, consider abolishing Daylight Savings Time. I do hope they actually get it done this time. The entire country needs to do so.
So would they keep the time like it was (during the fall/winter), or keep it like it is in the summer?

I like it like it is in the winter, with the sun coming up earlier. That would make our sunsets range from around 5:30 - 8:00pm.

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #8,299  
So would they keep the time like it was (during the fall/winter), or keep it like it is in the summer?

I like it like it is in the winter, with the sun coming up earlier. That would make our sunsets range from around 5:30 - 8:00pm.
Ditto, i'd like to keep it in daylight saving time, for the same reasons, and not switch back and forth.